anybody live around here???

dsbunton646

Registered
I know it is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone lived around Ludowici Georgia? I'm told it is about an hour north of Brunswick. Anyway I am trying to buy a Bike for the wife. I had one lined up from a co worker but she decided she didn't want to let it go. So anyway I have been looking around and I found one in Ludowici. I just thought if anyone of he many folks on here lived in the area, they may have seen this bike and could comment on it. Again, I know I would have a better shot at winning the lotto, or being hit by lightning (with my luck that probably wouldn't be to hard) but I am tired of wasting gas and time looking for a decent 600. This one sounded promising, but most of them do until I see them up close. Been a lot of misleading ads and phone calls as of late :banghead:

Any way here is the link 07 CBR600RR

May check with the .oRg in North FL too. That's way South Ga.
Posted via Mobile Device

after much reassurance from the owner and a price we can both live with, I am about to drive three hours to check this thing out, and good Lord willing, bring it home. Wish me luck!:laugh:

after much reassurance from the owner and a price we can both live with, I am about to drive three hours to check this thing out, and good Lord willing, bring it home. Wish me luck!:laugh:

Take your work truck in case the bike isnt as they say:laugh:

I made it back....and it was junk. Like I figured. I wasted 90.00 in gas and six hours of my life that I'll never get back cause someone wouldn't just be honest on the phone and say what shape the bike was really in. It had aftermarket cheap fairings that didn't fit properly, and the right side had signs of being laid down. Marks on the case and mirror. Pisses me off I had to drive that far cause he wouldn't just say "yeah it was dropped" even after I explained many times about the distance and how I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't as he told me. I guess he thought I wouldn't notice or would just hand him the cash after driving so far. Anyway, I considered it a complete waste of time until, on the way home my Buddy says, "lets look at one more, here's an 08 in Jacksonville. I wasn't enthused but it was on the way home so I agreed. Turns out this 08 was in great shape with just a minor scratch on the left side vinyl. It was also 500.00 cheaper than the junk I had just looked at. I took some better pics and had to drive home and get approval from wife. She likes it so hopefully he will have it on Monday when I can get back over there.

Whats the matter with people? Why lie when you know your going to be called on it? Just stupid.

Sounds like it may have been worth it in the end.

Thats a 2 hr 48 minute drive for you. may be worth looking at your self than relying on someone else's input on a bike. God forbid it's a really good deal and the bike is in great shape and they keep it for themselves :poke: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hell if you have a Busa thats a nice Saturday or Sunday morning ride

Last edited:
If I had rode the Busa I wouldn't have cared so much. But it is hard to drive two bikes back :laugh:. Turned out o.k. though I am planning on picking this one up Monday afternoon. This is the one we stopped and looked at on the way back through Jacksonville... Hope she likes it!!

HPIM0826.jpg

08_CBR600RR_Graffiti.jpg

Thats sweet, its probly the coolest factory paintjob around. IMO Im sure she'll like, i base the "sure she'll like it" on absolutly nothin :laugh:

My brother has this same vary bike! It is a great 600! If he wants to get rid of it.... I would be the first to get it from him..... can you say "TRACK BIKE!" Good buy!:thumbsup:

confuse us say:...be very leary of any 600R's for sale anywhere's near...

"Jennings, FL" :whistle:

:laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

If the guy selling that 08 600rr in jax is a bigger Russian or Boznian <sp?> guy with a real nice black R1 then he's a straight up good guy from what i've ever seen of him. I ride with him from time to time. We're not good friends but a few of my buddies know him very well and they say he's good people..

I know that doesn't help much but figured it wouldn't hurt to mention..:beerchug:

Does he have it listed for 5K wherever you saw it?

If the guy selling that 08 600rr in jax is a bigger Russian or Boznian <sp?> guy with a real nice black R1 then he's a straight up good guy from what i've ever seen of him. I ride with him from time to time. We're not good friends but a few of my buddies know him very well and they say he's good people..

I know that doesn't help much but figured it wouldn't hurt to mention..:beerchug:

Does he have it listed for 5K wherever you saw it?

Man, You don't know how much you just put my mind at ease!! That's him and the bike. I have had some pretty shi$%@ luck looking as of late. He seemed like a straight up guy, but you can never tell. I wish he wanted to sell that r1 for the same price. It was really nice as well. Both of those bikes looked well taken care of.

Yeah I can't pronounce his name but he's a cool guy :rofl:
There is also another bike just like it on CL that's been low speed dropped for 5300.

The one the russian guy has also has Lowjack on it I believe. He listed it for 5K with a helmet on Wera, He started off at 6k. I'll pm you the link since i'm not sure if that's allowed on here..
He's very meticulous about his stuff.

Not till 4pm today but I'm assuming he posted it as sold cause I told him I was coming. I'd already have it but he can't meet me till this afternoon. :whistle:

Back