new rubber and suspension adjusted

sportcustoms71

Registered
just changed my tires for the first time, put 6k on the stocks. replaced them with Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, had my bud that works at a performance shop adjust my suspesion and set it up to my weight "210 lbs". i couldn't beleive how big of a difference it is going into the turns....taking it easy though until i break the new rubbers in. just thought i'd share with y'all.

when the suspension was being set up, were you on the bike? I paid a shop $35 to do the sag/rebound/damping and I had to get on/off the bike a few times, standing on the pegs to "bounce" the bike with all my might while he took measurements then made adjustments.

Last edited:
when the suspension was being set up, were you on the bike? I paid a shop $35 to do the sag/rebound/damping and I had to get on/off the bike a few times, standing on the pegs to "bounce" the bike with all my might while he took measurements then made adjustments.

yeah i had to do the same, get off and on a bunch of times then he'd make the adjustments....adjusting the back was a biatch, atleast that's what the guy said...

yup getting your suspension base line for your weight makes a huge difference even without the tire swap. :thumbsup::beerchug:

why you say that? heard a lot of good word about these tires from other org members....

Most folks who ride PPs don't ride them very hard. From my experience if you ride em hard they are like a coiled rattler ready to strike, they are docile all the way up to the point of the crash!

i don't ride her to that point lol leave that stuff to the pro's....but for a weekend ride i think she'll hold on the curves considering i'm not a speed demon

just changed my tires for the first time, put 6k on the stocks. replaced them with Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, had my bud that works at a performance shop adjust my suspesion and set it up to my weight "210 lbs". i couldn't beleive how big of a difference it is going into the turns....taking it easy though until i break the new rubbers in. just thought i'd share with y'all.

When I had mine done, I was wearing all my gear, too. It does make a big difference in comfort and handling. It feels like the bike's glued to the ground.....doesn't it?:thumbsup:

When I had mine done, I was wearing all my gear, too. It does make a big difference in comfort and handling. It feels like the bike's glued to the ground.....doesn't it?:thumbsup:

Isn't your bike lowered? Would not lowering inherently compromise any suspension set up where handling was a priority?

cheers
ken

I think Sleeper has aftermarket suspension parts on his bike.

Back