Dropped bike because of Pazzo levers...

hifibob

Registered
Just curious if any of you guys have experienced the same problem as I did. I have a 09 Busa and just installed Pazzo short levers. I imediately noticed the brake lever hits the inner cowel while hard turning. I've been riding more conscious because of that and actually ordered some stock adjustable black levers to replace them.. Unfortunateley i havent been riding the bike latey cause its been kinda cool out but yesterday was beautiful and I totally forgot about my clearance issue. We have alot of Acorns on the ground right now and as I turned into my driveway my front brake hit and locked my front tire and she went right down.. Real bummer cause I have my new levers and been lazy to put them on.. Lesson learned :(

Mine have no issues what so ever. With stock bars or with helicopter bars. I also checked all adjustable settings with no issues lock to lock. Is your bike lowered?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine have no issues what so ever. With stock bars or with helicopter bars. I also checked all adjustable settings with no issues lock to lock. Is your bike lowered?
Posted via Mobile Device

No problems on my gen 1
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have your cylinders and housings rolled forward? Can you post a pic? Sorry you dropped her - how bad was the damage?

No problems on my 09 with Pazzos .
I have at least a mm or more between each lever and cowling at full lock .

Sorry you dropped her.
What damage did it do ?

My buddy's Gen2 is lowered and he had the same problem with his Pazzo levers; he sold them to me and I have them on my Gen1 (not lowered) with no problems.

You do realize when you fall down and blame it on something like your pazzo lever hit the cowling making me fall down while turning into my driveway on acorns, God kills a kitten. You know that, right?

Sorry man, but this thread made me giggle! :laugh:

Your problem "Aint" the pazzo levers! :beerchug:

It depends on the triple tree you're using...both '08 Busa's here have the same issue. Both with different aftermarket triple trees, one with Pazzo's, one with CNC's. Both brake levers hit. (Kevin modified the dash on his and also put an adjustable steering stop on the notch to prevent it from hitting)

I hear the stock top doesn't present this issue, and some aftermarket trees turn out ok.

Last edited:
Posted via Mobile Device

lol, my darn phone changed heli to helicopter.....what does my droid think i ride a h-d or something?

Pazzo took them off there site awhile ago for the 08 and 09 because of issues with them touching. Not sure if they put them back on or made any changes to the levers for GenII. I have the pazzo shorties on my 08 with no touching. Sorry about the bike drop...

Pazzo took them off there site awhile ago for the 08 and 09 because of issues with them touching.

They issued a new lever and/or a mount fix for them. I paid $45 for the mounts that are supposed to fix the issue...looked the same and hits the same. Doesn't matter how you adjust them.

I guess I shouldnt say it was the Pazzos fault cus I take full responsibilty i knew they touched.. My front is lowered but internally so forks and triple tree are in the stock position.. this is the third set of levers I've had on this bike and none of the others have touched.. I do have them clocked for maximum clearance but they hit pretty good especially on the highest setting.. Who knows maybe I have an older pair of levers.. My friend has an 08 and he removed his because they hit as well..

It depends on the triple tree you're using...both '08 Busa's here have the same issue. Both with different aftermarket triple trees, one with Pazzo's, one with CNC's. Both brake levers hit. (Kevin modified the dash on his and also put an adjustable steering stop on the notch to prevent it from hitting)

I hear the stock top doesn't present this issue, and some aftermarket trees turn out ok.

Its funny you mention this because I use to have an after market TT but I noticed it had a crack while putting on my Pazzo's. So I reinstalled my factory TT at the same time.. I have a new Roaring Toyz TT I'm gonna reinstall so I'll pay close attention to see if it makes it worse or not..

No problems on my 09 with Pazzos .
I have at least a mm or more between each lever and cowling at full lock .

Sorry you dropped her.
What damage did it do ?

I couldnt have screwed my self any more.. I have to replace front cowl and all left side plastics.. The good news is I sat on the computer last night with bags of ice on a few spots and ordered all new stuff so I'll be ready for Biketober Fest...

You do realize when you fall down and blame it on something like your pazzo lever hit the cowling making me fall down while turning into my driveway on acorns, God kills a kitten. You know that, right?

Sorry man, but this thread made me giggle! :laugh:

Your problem "Aint" the pazzo levers! :beerchug:

Not too sure what your getting at so I'll leave this one alone...

Back