Anybody see AMA Racing at Barber this weekend on SPEED channel?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
It was awesome. I have yet to watch Sunday's races but Saturdays were great. It was wild to watch them ride that track and know exactly what they were seeing because we rode it with STT last week!

On Saturday, Martin Cardenes won the 600 race, and Hopkins came in 3rd on the 1000 race (the ending was a nail-biter). Even Elena Meyers came in 5th in the supersport race. All three off them on the Suzuki M4 team were pitted right beside us last weekend and LA Busa managed to get them to pose for a pic with his Duc.

Those guys are totally fearless...watching them back that rear tire into turn 5.....:bowdown: and take the entire back set of corners riding flat out on their knees/elbow...

I watched all the weekend races while nursing a cold. Great races for sure! Wheres the photos of you and the M4 team? :dunno:

Heck I was there for all three days!!! Some great racing there for the four years I have been so far.... we got a little wet on Sunday but the guys (and ladies) still rode it like they stole it ~~ Man, I take my hat off to them all--- mad skills they do have.... What is the cost on track days there at Barber for you guys who have done it ??? I want to do this in the worst way--- STT (sportbike track time) for info I guess ??? I'll try to get some of the pics I took posted up asap--- My wife and I had a blast !!!!

The pic is them with LABusa's bike. I was out on track.

Coop, about $200 a day. It's a freakin blast and very addictive. Yep, go to sportbiketracktime.com.

Way to go Josh Hayes for winning the Championship in AMA Superbike. He is a local guy here in Gulfport that has done good for himself :thumbsup:.

Way to go Josh Hayes for winning the Championship in AMA Superbike. He is a local guy here in Gulfport that has done good for himself :thumbsup:.

Lots of hard work on his part! That man deserves to be champion!
I met Josh back in the day when he had braces and was turning his own wrenches. He has paid his dues with plenty of his own sweat equity and commitment. Congratulations Josh!!!:thumbsup:

I got to watch Sunday's races last night...man that 600 race was wild! Way to go Cardenes!

skydivr, yep it was a blast to see them run there at Barber and definitely is one of my families "must do" events every year now (our fourth year this year)----
I'm in the middle of changing jobs at the moment so I know I can't make the October days (already booked up it looks like anyway) but I am there sometime next year for sure:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll be working on getting all my gear purchased up... my precious wife bought me a new pair of Sidi Vertigo boots there this weekend :beerchug: she is SOOO a keeper !!! Hey, I'll hope to see you or some of the other guys/gals here on the board there next year!!!

Back