[group buy] - - spelling lessons

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...s-beatdown-after-pursuit-dallas-police-7.html

It has come to my attention that members on this board may be interested in bettering their knowledge of the English language, as some people here may be linguistically handicapped.

I happen to know of a lot of well trained professionals in the academic industry, many of which are currently offering private and group grammar, spelling, and sentence structure classes.

If we are able to get 10 or more people in on this, I might be able to convince them to throw in an advanced understanding of prepositions, verbs, nouns, and adjectives.

I'll be letting everyone that's interested in this if they decide to include pronouns and punctuation.

Thanks,

Colton

Last edited:
I think it's not so much for not knowing English, but trying to put a reply as quickly as possible without caring for typing correctly. I am a bit taken aback by some of the posts like that. A misspelled word here and there is sort of OK, but when entire phrases become hard to comprehend...

My favorite is the run-on sentence that stretches 5 or more lines without a single punctuation.

Well as I preferred math and science over English, I'll tell you what.. I know I'm bad with run on sentences. I know my spelling isn't that bad as this browser let's me know when a word is misspelled. So from now on there should be a moderator much like yourselves that can idly stand by and when anyone post, you become the spell checker. That way as the QA officers of the board we all can have confidence in our ability to communicate. Because that is the whole point of the information highway.... Communication. And being that communications is a two way street and four things have to happen, as long as the message delivered isn't lost, then communication can happen. BUT I'm up for you spell/grammer checking my work anytime. Don't even tell me.. just go in and correct it.. Anyone up for nominating anyone for this post as it seems to be desperately. (I'd say there's probably a run on or 10 in there, BUT knowing me, it's all one long run on.. lol)

*NOTE - I spelled four but typed 10.. it was some English rule that I didn't want to get called out on for breaking.

ahhh...an obviouse and acute case of "Super-Rant-Syndrome"

then again?..

i can't recall many if any biker types signing up for speelin b's. :laugh:

I officially nominate myself to the post.

Change the group I am in to:

Spell Checker Extraordinaire.

Colton

I'll second that nomination. (So from now own after this post, I'll be forwarding you all my post and replies before they are posted.... Wow, is this what having a secretary feels like. :poke: I mean I can say secretary right, or is it personal assistant.... office manager's job duties have changed right?) :lol:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...s-beatdown-after-pursuit-dallas-police-7.html

It has come to my attention that members on this board may be interested in bettering their knowledge of the English language, as some people here may be linguistically handicapped.

I happen to know of a lot of well trained professionals in the academic industry, many of which are currently offering private and group grammar, spelling, and sentence structure classes.

If we are able to get 10 or more people in on this, I might be able to convince them to throw in an advanced understanding of prepositions, verbs, nouns, and adjectives.

I'll be letting everyone that's interested in this if they decide to include pronouns and punctuation.

Thanks,

Colton

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your offer for spelling classes and would like to make a counter offer should you wish to consider it. I know a fine fellow that teaches classes on proper paragrah construction. He has the inate ability to string together numerous sentences that all contain the same concept. Only when the concept or thought changes does the paragraph end.

I am currently demonstrating the use of paragraphs, as you can clearly see that I have changed subject. I have moved from the offer of paragraph lessons to a satirical example of the proper use of said paragraph. This change, however slight, requires a new grouping of sentences, or a new "paragraph."

Should you wish to take me up on my offer, I keep regular business hours throughout the week, and can be available on weekend for a nominal upcharge. But please, even if you do not seek me out for assistance, please find help somewhere. We cannot endure these meandering writings any longer. Paragraphs can be your friend, and with proper guidance, you can have a long and prosperous relationship.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Paragraph

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your offer for spelling classes and would like to make a counter offer should you wish to consider it. I know a fine fellow that teaches classes on proper paragrah construction. He has the inate ability to string together numerous sentences that all contain the same concept. Only when the concept or thought changes does the paragraph end.

I am currently demonstrating the use of paragraphs, as you can clearly see that I have changed subject. I have moved from the offer of paragraph lessons to a satirical example of the proper use of said paragraph. This change, however slight, requires a new grouping of sentences, or a new "paragraph."

Should you wish to take me up on my offer, I keep regular business hours throughout the week, and can be available on weekend for a nominal upcharge. But please, even if you do not seek me out for assistance, please find help somewhere. We cannot endure these meandering writings any longer. Paragraphs can be your friend, and with proper guidance, you can have a long and prosperous relationship.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Paragraph

Awesome counter offer:beerchug:

You guys crack me up. The most common misconception about communication is the perception that it has taken place. :beerchug:

Back