How much is too much.

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
So I have lowered Misty 1" in the front using Soupys Lowering block.

I would like to lower her some more

Here is my question.

How low can I lower the front just using a Tripple tree before I have to worry about the nose hitting the fender while riding. As much as I love the look of a really lowered front end, I wouldnt love it to see a nick or rub mark on my front fender.

Here is how to answer your question. strap your tripple tree with a nylon strap. Using a comealong lift the front enough to take all the load off leaving the front tire touching the garage floor.

Unscrew both fork cartridges until the threads are free. Lower the front by extending the comealong until the the forks bottom out. Now you can measure the distance between the fender and upper cowling. Add about 3/16 inch to the measurement and you'll have the exact amount you can lower the triple tree on the forks without worry.

If you already have the tree lowered an inch your fender will most likely hit the cowling when the forks bottom out!

I'm about 1 1/8"-1 1/4" in the front and on the lowest setting on the rear, and even strapped tight, I haven't hit.
I unstrap and ride on the street, but I am also careful.
No wild riding on the street for me.

Depends on how much you weigh. When I was 300lbs, I couldn't go lower than 1.5 inches up front without the bottom fairing almost touching the ground. You have to remember your oilpan too.

i guess your weight and what the forks are set up at could allow for difference in amount you can lower the bike. I went the safe route and and only lowered 1"

i guess your weight and what the forks are set up at could allow for difference in amount you can lower the bike. I went the safe route and and only lowered 1"

Thinking I will probably stick with the 1" as well, I was at a bike night a while back and saw a beautifull 07 Blue Busa.

Lowered really low and looked really sharp, until I got close and saw the scratched front fender :banghead:

I would imagine you can easily crack the fender or the tabs on the nose fairing also

Back