Galfer Steel Braided Brake Line HELP

mitchberry

Registered
well, it's about 9pm my time on a friday, and i obviously can't call Galfer about this problem, so i figure i would post it here hoping for a quick reply before i go tearing my 06 busa apart..

I just got some steel braided brake lines (and HH pads) from galfer.

the stock hoses on the front are mounted as such..

Brake lever to right caliper, then a second hose from the right caliper to the left caliper.

The hoses i received from Galfer are almost the same length as one another..

Before tearing the lines off of my bike, i decided to test fit the new ones to be sure they'd work.. when i did, i realized that the line that said "left caliper" was about 6" too long to be mounted in the same way as the stock lines...

THE OBVIOUS solution is, to mount BOTH lines at the brake lever, and snake them down one to the left and one to the right instead of coupling them at the right caliper..

But... i need to know FOR SURE if that is what Galfer intended, or if they sent me the wrong stuff.. I don't want to tear the lines off of it and render my bike useless until i replace them only to find out that for some reason this configuration will not work..

any thoughts? They weren't like this stock, so i hesitate to do it on a whim.. though, i'm 95% sure that's what is supposed to happen...

Technically it makes sense, because if you couple them at the brake lever instead of the right caliper, the flow of fluids would be more evenly distributed to each caliper (in theory) causing them to work in sync with equal pressure..

i dunno..

thoughts??

One line goes to each caliper from the brake master cylinder...stock goes to one side then a short line goes to the other side.

Get'r done...what are you waiting for!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

just a lil tip for installing a dual line system...

there should be a small mounting bolt in the front/right side of your lower triple clamp that was used for mounting the oem "line-splitter"...if you can find some heavy ga. SS wire (such as .062-.093 SS weld wire) it's a good idea to bend up a mountable "brakeline guide loop" and use the original splitter mounting bolt to secure it to keep things organized and not just spaghetti'ed on down through there as un-ruley, dis-organized lines have a way of rubbin holes through shid..or worse yet?..hangin up on other crap and it always happens at the most inappropriate of times..such as when your pullin an 11 oclock wheelie and you notice your fully extended forks have seem to run out of brakeline for some odd reason. ???

so...make certain ya got the proper slack lengths w/ lock-lock steering and fully extended forks and thoroughly check your chosen routing path and do a real good clearance/systems check prior to riding it like ya stole it.

Justa suggestion and?..L8R, Bill. :cool:

^^^ what he said...very good idea. you will love the lines. they will make a nice improvement on feel and brakeing power.

There is a left and right hose so be sure to mount them correctly at the Master Cylinder!

Back