Getting hosed on insurance rates...

Snakers

Registered
Im curious as to what people are paying for their coverage and what kind of coverage they have through who...

Im 25 with coverage through progressive at 120 a year for liability only...

I called my car insurance company (state farm) and for comprehensive coverage with 500 deductible, they want 2400 a year....3 years of paying that and i could just get a new bike

what are you guys looking at? I feel like im getting screwed here.

Im curious as to what people are paying for their coverage and what kind of coverage they have through who...

I called my car insurance company (state farm) and for comprehensive coverage with 500 deductible, they want 2400 a year....3 years of paying that and i could just get a new bike

I'm 50 and I have full coverage from State Farm for $40.00 a month.

Must just be according to location because here in Florida state farm was less than anyone by thousands !
I'm paying right under $300 for six months full coverage w/$500 deductible .
Renewed it for six months same day as accident I just had so we will have to see if they raise my rates next time or not ?

My insurance pricing experience was exactly the opposite of the OP's.
Progressive wanted $1900 per year for FC, State Farm charges me $450 per year for same, with a $250 deductible.

well i have state farm. i am 32, married, clean record. for full coverage and 100 comp deductible and 200 collision ded i pay about 32 bucks a month.

I wish I still had Ohio rates, my insurance almost tripled when I moved back to Texas... :(

Call a different State Farm agent and ask then to give you a quote. Should be about Half of your auto policy.

Full Coverage Quotes: 1000 deductable clean driving record.

Farmers: 4500 per year
Geiko: 8000 per year
American Family: 800 per year (have this one) after 6 years I'll have paid for the bike again... Guess I better get to crashin!

My cruisers for full coverage rated at 15,000 dollars each 500 deductable was 450 bucks for both of them. 1340cc and 1700cc.

They'll maybe give me 5k if I total the 'busa.

It all depends on the region that you are in, age, record, marital status, etc. (it's all a racket anyway)

For me, in KC... $225/year full coverage, $250 comp deductible, $500 coll deductible, State Farm

It all depends on the region that you are in, age, record, marital status, etc. (it's all a racket anyway)

For me, in KC... $225/year full coverage, $250 comp deductible, $500 coll deductible, State Farm

Kansas side?

If so, gimme your insurance guys number. I wanna call 'em monday!

I pay 980 a yr. I a 51 years young and have had 2 speeding tickets but none on my bike. I am with AARP Hartford and I live in VA. It sucks but it's the cheapest i can find also

im 36, with a clean record.
i pay 60 bucks a month for full coverage thru state farm, and thats the cheapest ive been able to find by thousands, literaly.

Yeah safety ins aka plymouth rock just got spanked with a huge lawsuit got a letter from them cause i happen to be one of the people that got ripped off for over 4 years :rulez: they want me to sign away my rights to the settlement for $345.00::moon: I think I will roll the dice on that one pretty sure I got burned for at least a couple thousand.:poke:

I got a qoute for 2K for 1 year and 1 quote for 7K for 1 year for comp cov.

When I called and got another quote and told them it had lojack and that the bike was kept in doors the price dropped from 2K to 560.00 per year. They take a lot of different things into consideration. These bikes are high on the charts for theft and a Busa left outside at night is easy prey no matter how well you secure it outside. And also taking the Safety riding course also lowers your insurance.

State Farm in Missouri:

Im 33, clean record 38 bucks a month with 1000 deductable. Progressive (who insured my vtx1800 for 25 bucks a month with 500 deduct) wanted a cool 2400 a year. Geico was even worse. State Farm is the way to go to insure a Busa.

45, married, all insurance grouped with State Farm. $500/deductable for both comp & coll.
50k/100k uninsured motorist, 100k/300k incident, road side asst. and towing(flatbed, I made them write that in specific)
$268/6months, $519 annual if paid in full.
That is for my 2009.

Back