Shoei helmet sizes?

dsbunton646

Registered
Can anybody advise if the size of a Shoei helmet is pretty standard compared to other brands, more specifically say an Icon mainframe. I am thinking of ordering a new lid and just wanted to be sure it will fit my head before I pulled the trigger on it. I've never spent more than a couple hundred on my helmets, but felt it was time. And yes, I would go try one on at my local shops but they don't stock them, they too are order only.

I also wear a medium in Shoei and in the Icon Mainframe. The Shoei will be a bit tighter when you first get it, but it will break in and fit like a glove. I have the RF-1000, so I am not sure about other models.

Thanks. I like this one, it is an rf-1000 I believe. Any negatives on the RF-1000???

20344_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I like this one, it is an rf-1000 I believe. Any negatives on the RF-1000???

Not so far, I love mine, vast improvement over the Icon. Flows air well across the top of my head. I couldnt feel any air in the Icon.

Not so far, I love mine, vast improvement over the Icon. Flows air well across the top of my head. I couldnt feel any air in the Icon.

And you will not get helmet buffeting above 130 mph with the Shoei!

Shoei is a racing helmet! Icon is a street helmet!

I've been wearing the RF-1000 for the last 5 years and I love it. I can wear it all day and not bother me at all. The longest ride I've done with it was over 21 hours and I only take it off when stopping for gas.
I can't think of anything negative about it. Also, you can alter the cheek pads for better fit.
This is the one I have.
414NuiofC0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

you can get the RF-1100 for around $350. Ive had both. Both are great but the 1100 is better and the graphics are awsome.

I found some on closeout online and there are some for under 300.00. Figured that was a good price for the one i posted. :dunno:

The shoei rf series is a great helmet and I've been wearing them for the last 20yrs..
I think my first was an RF-700 , maybe not sure but it's all I've been wearing most of my life .
Can't go wrong .

DS what is the exact model name of that one you posted?
I pride myself on my search abilities as my job forces me to be able to find the best for less.
Tell me what model it is and I'll see what I can do for you.

Back