Quick question

BigBadDodge

Registered
I should be able to start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in correct? Didnt realize i couldnt till this morning, long story short a buddy was arguing the bike should still run in gear when the kickstand is down and his buddies bike was "stalling" and wanted me to look at it, proved it with my busa then this morning it wouldnt start, thought the battery was dead and for lack of time just took the cbr to work. Got to thinking i never put it back in neutral.

Had the same issue with the honda and it needed the little switch up by the clutch lever and problem solved can be started in any gear with the clutch in.

Is the busa the same way?

BIKE in gear: kickstand up, clutch in to start or else NO GO!
BIKE in neutral: can start with stand down/clutch out

Last edited:

+1. Kickstand down and in gear are incompatible condition. No bike from the factory should run.

And if ya got aftermarket levers be careful. My Pazzo clutch lever set on #1 won't trip the switch unless you pull it in real tight. I normally run #2 but once accidentally knocked it to #1 and couldn't start it a t a gas station 60 miles from home. Was about ready to call for a friend and a truck when I fiqured it out.

And if ya got aftermarket levers be careful. My Pazzo clutch lever set on #1 won't trip the switch unless you pull it in real tight. I normally run #2 but once accidentally knocked it to #1 and couldn't start it a t a gas station 60 miles from home. Was about ready to call for a friend and a truck when I fiqured it out.

Snap hahahahaha did it too

+1. Kickstand down and in gear are incompatible condition. No bike from the factory should run.

+1 safety feature to protect the rider. won't start in gear if the kickstand is down, once the stand is up though you are good to go gear or neutra l:thumbsup:

You may ask your self "How silly or thoughtless you have to be to take off with the kickstand down ?". It used to happen I can testify that it happened to at least one person :whistle: with an old interceptor :whistle:

Big deal right, so it scrapes a little when you turn it folds up by self :no: Some people would take off and then find out that its down when they are taking their turn at about 45- 50, then comes the violent pole vaulting effect. As your flying through the air spinning try to get a glimpse of WTH just hit me, on about the 4 or 5 roll through the grass you start realizing what went wrong with my steed. :whistle: :laugh:

If I remember correctly they still haven't put a safety feature for the bikes that have those steering locks on the side of the neck :poke: seen one of those tumbles it was as ugly as it was embarrassing was a nice custom chopper at a parking lot in a special event. I know he how felt at his dismount technique, at least there weren't 50 people around clapping at mine. :laugh:

Last edited:
Oohhhh didnt think about aftermarket levers, hmmm it will only start with the clutch in even in neutral

What i was saying is say your at a stop light get all anzy and stall the bike, your sitting in the intersection on a dead bike you should be able to pull the clutch in and hit start without finding neutral correct?

I'll have to mess with my levers since they're aftermarkets

My bike won't start without the clutch in .

NEVER MIND.....guess I should read ALL the posts FIRST, huh

Last edited:
Oohhhh didnt think about aftermarket levers, hmmm it will only start with the clutch in even in neutral

What i was saying is say your at a stop light get all anzy and stall the bike, your sitting in the intersection on a dead bike you should be able to pull the clutch in and hit start without finding neutral correct?

I'll have to mess with my levers since they're aftermarkets

Yes, in gear (as long as stand is up) you can start with clutch in.

Back