Dodgin Dead Deer

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Had to dodge 2 piles of deer on my way home from work this evening. I was doin about 70mph, in the left lane and had just passed a pick-up in the center lane. I suddenly notice the pavement is red!! In the North east, that means dead deer ahead. I let off the throttle as soon as I saw the blood, no brakes, didnt know how slick Bambi would be. Just after the red splatter, there is a pile in the right 2/3's of the lane along with bits the rest of the way across the lane. I swerve left as i knew the pick-up was nearby.No sooner do I clear the first pile and think im out off the woods, than i see another pile in the left 2/3's of the lane. I swerve back to the right and pray there are no more piles. For you math wizards, thats a 2 pile slalom course:laugh:
I made it through safe, heart was racing and pants were poo'd but i made it.
Few pics for ya, because as we all know "Pics, or it didnt happen"

SANY1389.jpg

SANY1393.jpg

SANY1394.jpg

You stop and see if there was any usable meat left ? :laugh:

J/K

Glad you made it thru .
Down here , round here it's mostly lizards in the road I dodge .

I'm glad I don't see deer that often out this way. Although been thinking about riding up to see my dad and I know there'll be deer up there and along the 6 hour road trip.

So, nature's way of Tenderizing :whistle: . Geezzzzzzzzzzz, what an opportunity to get FREE MEAT without having to pay for slicing and dicing AND it's still warm :laugh:

Glad Your OK :beerchug:

All the free meat comments.....did you not see he was from NY not West by God Va??????????

All jokes aside....day old opossum stew is good........

Opossum???? C'mon...the crows won't even eat a dead one lying on the side of the road. Now fresh backstraps off a young deer.....MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm-doesn't get any better than that!!!

If that was dead skunk spatter the Busa would sleep outside for a few days. Glad you made it!

Thanks guys :thumbsup: I think the meat was still nice and fresh when i passed. I talked to a coworker that left about 10 min ahead of me and he said it wasnt there when he went by. Oh, and it was 2 deer, noted that on the way to work today.

Glad you are ok! Make sure you clean it up right away! If not it will stink really bad the next day! I ran over a possum a few months (road kill) And it stunk up the bike and garage.

Back