thinkin of trading my 07 for a 2011 is it worth it??

boxerdiesel

Registered
I have an 07 that i got in july of 08 as a leftover. love the bike and have almost 17,000 miles on her. Thinking its time for a change and like the look of the gen II. Is the gen II worth it over the gen I. any advice would help

the gen 2 is everything you wanted the 1st gen to be. it's everything you love about the 1st gen busa - improved! better suspension, brakes, and of course more grunt. as much as i miss both of my 1st gens, i dont regret trading for a k8. absolutely love it. i have 26k miles on it and enjoyed every mile of it. rain or shine

trade it for a 2008 or 09 leftover. You should be able to knock off a few bucks compared to a leftover 2011. If a 2011 is offered...

Sell the '07 outright, then buy the Gen II, that is, if you can do it w/o going into debt.
If you have the cash, go for it, but don't take on a monthly payment to do it.

Freedom from debt is such an undescribably peaceful feeling.

CW

you'll lose money with the trade in (or even with a PP sale). But I fully understand if you want to upgrade to a Gen II :thumbsup:

Sell the '07 outright, then buy the Gen II, that is, if you can do it w/o going into debt.
If you have the cash, go for it, but don't take on a monthly payment to do it.

Freedom from debt is such an undescribably peaceful feeling.

CW

Well said, I will have that feeling soon.. got one to two payments left on my 07

The one your riding is still new :poke: :laugh:But if you like it get it

Last edited:
I haven't ever driven a GenII.. So I'm bias.. lmao.. But yea, you haven't even broken your GenI in yet... :poke:x2

(I wish I could get past the looks of the GenII. Just love my 07 too much)

Same boat. Can't decide. Only have 30,000k on the '07 and some cool mods. They'll only give me $5 grand on a trade in for $13,990. That'd be over $9,000 grand for the trade. I dunno. The '07 is worth more than $5 g's to me. Leaning toward a cool paint job and some motor work.

I have an 07 that i got in july of 08 as a leftover. love the bike and have almost 17,000 miles on her. Thinking its time for a change and like the look of the gen II. Is the gen II worth it over the gen I. any advice would help
Trading your 07 up for a 2nd gen isn't a bad idea at all, but going for a 2011 is. The price got raised over 2 grand for the 2011 busa. You're WAY better off buying a new leftover 09, or better yet a low mileage used 08 or 09 since the 2011 is the exact same bike mechanically as the 08 and up. Getting a new 2011 is financial suicide :whistle: You're going to end up paying twice the price for the 2011 that you could get a clean low mileage used 08 for with extras like an exhaust etc. Its your money though :thumbsup:

Same boat. Can't decide. Only have 30,000k on the '07 and some cool mods. They'll only give me $5 grand on a trade in for $13,990. That'd be over $9,000 grand for the trade. I dunno. The '07 is worth more than $5 g's to me. Leaning toward a cool paint job and some motor work.

Could you imagine what you could do to your 07 with $9,000.00 !!

To the OP, I LOVE the Gen 2's, but I guess it's just how bad do you want 1 ? I agree with everyone else on getting a left over 09, unless you just HAVE TO HAVE those BOLD NEW GRAPHICS :laugh:

the gen 2 is everything you wanted the 1st gen to be. it's everything you love about the 1st gen busa - improved! better suspension, brakes, and of course more grunt. as much as i miss both of my 1st gens, i dont regret trading for a k8. absolutely love it. i have 26k miles on it and enjoyed every mile of it. rain or shine

What is said above

bought my 2008 in august of 2010 for 8400 dollars with 1035 miles on it and it had a full race brocks exhaust with a power commander and a k-n and lowered and chrome (Isold the chrome) and it came with the stock parts! you will find a great deal if you spend some time and be ready to grab it it wont last long

spend your time looking and find what you want for the price you want. i bought mine this year, an 08 with three miles on it, what a deal.

some things you'll like some you wont. for me, just the small trunk space on the Gen2 is enough for me NOT to want a one.

I'am still VERY Happy with my 06 and until I need something more (power is more than enough for me on the street) it will be a KEEPER :thumbsup:

If you just want a change, Great, then buy a new one. But if you do mod changes, will it still be better than the 07 ??? for your type of riding, or just your GRIN :satisfied: Factor. And that can be reason enough for some to change :beerchug:

Back