Passing Light Switch...

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Maybe a dumb question, but what is the proper etiquette for using this feature?

Does anybody really use it?

Thanks

um... I got mine wired up to my lil radio (I know I know guys, that's old school and no blue tooth) cuz I never used it while riding

But... a buddy of mine told his wife, just after he picked up the Bike, that it was for the turbo boost, kinda like Knight Rider used to. So when she takes it for a ride she gets on an open highway and decides to hit that switch and.... nothing happened (course she could have just cranked the throttle) and she goes to try it again and no change.
Needless to say, Buddy was rofl when she came back flustered that it had made no diff as she pressed the yellow button LOL

I have HID for both Hi and low beam; Flash to Pass is pointless with HID; they take too long to warm up.

I'm going to rewire mine for something... LOL Either PTT for my two-way or to activate my garage door opener.

I like the garage door idea.. Was wanting to disconnect mine as I had hid for both too..

But if anything like a car, if you're coming up behind someone and they are in the far left lane, you should flash so they move over. (Works more in country towns vs. big cities). I also use it if I am going to go around a car, I flash it so they see that I'm coming up on them and going to pass them w/ little of options of safety if they decide to do something stupid. In other words to just announce my presence. Also if say a truck (semi or anyone pulling a trailor) is passing you (not likely on a bike, but you may just be cruising and enjoying the view), flash it as to tell them that your back end has safely cleared me, you can get back in to this lane.

I like the garage door idea.. Was wanting to disconnect mine as I had hid for both too..

But if anything like a car, if you're coming up behind someone and they are in the far left lane, you should flash so they move over. (Works more in country towns vs. big cities). I also use it if I am going to go around a car, I flash it so they see that I'm coming up on them and going to pass them w/ little of options of safety if they decide to do something stupid. In other words to just announce my presence. Also if say a truck (semi or anyone pulling a trailor) is passing you (not likely on a bike, but you may just be cruising and enjoying the view), flash it as to tell them that your back end has safely cleared me, you can get back in to this lane.

The only people I've ever seen flashing their lights to make someone move were flying and acting like jerks in the first place. Makes sense though. Thanks :beerchug:

I heard about the garage door opener idea as well... I like it.

Flash is to tell the other motorist when it's safe to pass them or safe for you to renter the lane in front of them..

i.e.Trucker turns on his turn signal to get in your lane you flash lights to let him know it's clear to do so. When over taking a truck he should flash the lights when you traveled far enough ahead to safely get back in his lane. If you remove a trucks braking distance, or are in front of truck driver who is not taking stopping distance into consideration, you must be prepared for you and your vehicle to be used as part of the brake :whistle: :laugh:

Also to warn on coming traffic of speed trap you just went by/ rolling up behind someone and quickly flashing the lights means he wants to race. :laugh:

Not supposed to flash the lights at cars in front of you to get out of the way :whistle: :laugh:

Whenever I see a cage poised to enter my right of way, I'll flash him - just to improve the odds that he sees me. A day does not go by that I don't use the flash switch...often dozens of times. This is especially true during my commute to work.

CWCobra, I use mine for the same reason. ALWAYS whenever I see a cager THINKING about making a turn in front of me... sometimes accompanied by a warning beep on the horn.

I have HID for both Hi and low beam; Flash to Pass is pointless with HID; they take too long to warm up.

I'm going to rewire mine for something... LOL Either PTT for my two-way or to activate my garage door opener.

Ive got HID's too, so i just stand up, reach over the windsheild and wave my hand in front of the light:laugh:

I have HID's as well so I don't use the switch anymore. When I had the stock headlights in I would flash if it looked like the driver of the car was in too big of a hurry. Yes you could argue both ways for it, but if it made them wonder what that flashing light was it gives them a second chance to see you. I always hate the idea of a cage in a hurry has disastrous effects on one of our nights.

CWCobra, I use mine for the same reason. ALWAYS whenever I see a cager THINKING about making a turn in front of me... sometimes accompanied by a warning beep on the horn.

Around here flashing your lights at someone means you see what they're trying to do and are ok with it and they can proceed. I've thought several times about doing as you say, but I'm always worried that they'll take that to mean "go ahead" and cut me off.

Flash is to tell the other motorist when it's safe to pass them or safe for you to renter the lane in front of them..

i.e.Trucker turns on his turn signal to get in your lane you flash lights to let him know it's clear to do so. When over taking a truck he should flash the lights when you traveled far enough ahead to safely get back in his lane. If you remove a trucks braking distance, or are in front of truck driver who is not taking stopping distance into consideration, you must be prepared for you and your vehicle to be used as part of the brake :whistle: :laugh:

Also to warn on coming traffic of speed trap you just went by/ rolling up behind someone and quickly flashing the lights means he wants to race. :laugh:

Not supposed to flash the lights at cars in front of you to get out of the way :whistle: :laugh:
+1 you nailed it !!

Re: Passing Light Switch...
Maybe a dumb question, but what is the proper etiquette for using this feature?
Does anybody really use it?
Thanks

Of course !
You put a toggle switch within reach so that the pass button becomes
the Nitrous "Fire" button. A micro switch on the throttle body assembly
makes sure its only live on full throttle.

That is what is for, isn't it ?

Back