Back from Barber!

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
What a weekend; to say I'm tired would be an understatement. Tiller (Jay), Skydvr (Keith) and I had a great weekend down at Barber. Pics can't do tracktime justice.

Barber006.jpg

Barber045.jpg

Keith taking some video of our tracktime. Thanks Keith!
Barber041.jpg

Me and Tiller taking the 180.
Barber032-1.jpg

Q2s did outstanding!
Barber051.jpg

Tim (GeorgiaBusa) and Ronnie stopped by for some tracktime food and good times.

Barber022.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you all had a good time, Charlie. Thanks for bringing back pics. :thumbsup:

Things just didn't work out for us to be there this weekend. You going back next month?

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic.'s !

If you don't mind, what was it like the first time you went to a "track day" ? I REALLY want to go (as soon as the cash allows for it), but to be 100% honest I'm a little apprehensive about doing it. I mean I'm definitely going to do it, just keep thinking I'm going to feel like an idiot, or more like a fish out of water ?

Happy to see you boys had a good time! Track days are a wonderful way to spend time with your friends. You'll also make new friends around the track.

One of life's treasures, no doubt! :beerchug:

Second track event for me. Two days each trip. Don't even think about not going! If you have the desire and can, you will learn much about riding and it is more fun than I could ever describe.

Thanks for the pic.'s !

If you don't mind, what was it like the first time you went to a "track day" ? I REALLY want to go (as soon as the cash allows for it), but to be 100% honest I'm a little apprehensive about doing it. I mean I'm definitely going to do it, just keep thinking I'm going to feel like an idiot, or more like a fish out of water ?

The Busa does fine on the track. Being so big, you are easy to spot and generally get comments from just about everyone because you are riding a Busa. Forget the crap about not being able to handle, she'll do great.

That looks like fun. How those the busa do on the track?

Great pics Charlie; that nice cool motor home saved my arse on Sunday it was SOOO hot! Thank your wife again for her generous hospitality!

I've got video to post of me following Charlie and Jay (Tiller) to post just need to edit it a little; looking forward to using vimeo link this time instead of youtube.

Let me tell you what:

1. I hate to overinflate his ego, but Jay (Tiller) has a boatload of natural talent; on his FIRST TRACKDAY, to my ever-loving total chagrin since I'm STILL not, he is dragging puck around most all the turns! Even the Novice lead instructor rode up to the camper to find him and tell him that (and to caution him to slow down just a little). On Saturday's video, I manage to pass him; he didn't like the "eat me" sticker very much, so on Sunday late I went out and followed him again, and could NOT pass him. That guy's got some TALENT. Jay you need to move up to I.

2. Charlie can ride the pants off his Busa. After I video'd Jay a while, I started tailing Charlie. Anyone that says a Busa can't turn should watch this video. We are turning under 2 minutes most of the video, best lap was 1:56:08 (my best time ever). I could not pass him either; I could catch him in the turns, and even had the setup on him about 3x, but the moment we both went to WOT he would step away from my Gixxer 1K and I could not pass him. Both of them are more aggressive riders than I; both are willing to go deeper into the turn at a faster speed before braking than I. I ran faster time following them in Novice than I did riding by myself in Intermediate. VERY IMPRESSIVE RIDING GUYS.

I'm not even that sore today; those isometric exercises that Tufbusa told me about really helped! Randyman, you missed me talking Mark into letting me go out and video in N last session both days; managed to get an additional sesson BOTH days :laugh:

WE ARE GONNA HAVE A BLAST IN OCTOBER :cheerleader:

Last edited:
I can't wait for october! I'll be riding up with Randy.

Check out GCSR - Track Day @ Barber for Randy's pics from this past weekend. He was set up next to the M4 Monster Energy AMA team that is actually based out of Alabama. He got some cools pictures of them and the 16 yr old Elena Myers.

Glad you had a good time and I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll in October.

Thanks Keith, we had a great time! Kind words sir. :beerchug: Gonna have to get Jay a new helmet now...when he reads this his won't fit anymore!

Can't wait to see that video!

Great pics Charlie; that nice cool motor home saved my arse on Sunday it was SOOO hot! Thank your wife again for her generous hospitality!

I've got video to post of me following Charlie and Jay (Tiller) to post just need to edit it a little; looking forward to using vimeo link this time instead of youtube.

Let me tell you what:

1. I hate to overinflate his ego, but Jay (Tiller) has a boatload of natural talent; on his FIRST TRACKDAY, to my ever-loving total chagrin since I'm STILL not, he is dragging puck around most all the turns! Even the Novice lead instructor rode up to the camper to find him and tell him that (and to caution him to slow down just a little). On Saturday's video, I manage to pass him; he didn't like the "eat me" sticker very much, so on Sunday late I went out and followed him again, and could NOT pass him. That guy's got some TALENT. Jay you need to move up to I.

2. Charlie can ride the pants off his Busa. After I video'd Jay a while, I started tailing Charlie. Anyone that says a Busa can't turn should watch this video. We are turning under 2 minutes most of the video, best lap was 1:56:08 (my best time ever). I could not pass him either; I could catch him in the turns, and even had the setup on him about 3x, but the moment we both went to WOT he would step away from my Gixxer 1K and I could not pass him. Both of them are more aggressive riders than I; both are willing to go deeper into the turn at a faster speed before braking than I. I ran faster time following them in Novice than I did riding by myself in Intermediate. VERY IMPRESSIVE RIDING GUYS.

I'm not even that sore today; those isometric exercises that Tufbusa told me about really helped! Randyman, you missed me talking Mark into letting me go out and video in N last session both days; managed to get an additional sesson BOTH days :laugh:

WE ARE GONNA HAVE A BLAST IN OCTOBER :cheerleader:

Who says a Busa Can't turn?

100918_9.jpg

100918_7.jpg

Yes, shamelessly lifted off Kendrick, but since I intend to buy a few after Sunday's are loaded....

Jay (not his best, but Sunday's not up yet):

100918_10.jpg

Yours truly (Jay, this look familiar? :poke:):

100918_2.jpg

Me filming Tiller:

100918_12.jpg

Lastly, our own Randyman (LaBusa):

100918_6.jpg

And Randy's riding buddy Kevin (who can smoke us all):

100918_5.jpg

Have to see what Sunday's pics brings!

Back