i need transmission work

ham4864

Registered
i am looking for a good board member not to far from philadelphia that would be able to fix my 1st and 2nd gears.i got a good quote from jack at rccmotorsports in MI i just have to get the motor to him.
any help would be appreciated.

Can you pull the gears yourself, bro?

Sent from my Devour using Tapatalk

i have done the trans in my busa. we are not that far apart. maybe we could work something out in removing it and reinstalling it. not sure how much help you need or are looking for, or when you plan on doing it. but i may be able to help.

buss matt i would not know the first thing about removing the trans nor do i feel comfortable doing it.i plan on doing it over the next few months.what type of deal do you propose.i want to get new first and second gears matt what are the part numbers.i will send them out to get under cut.

1st and 6th driven . They are side to side on one of the two separate transmission gear racks.

Get new C clips as well. Likely to need shift forks and the rods they hang on.

I have a used stock transmission you could buy cheaper than the gears themselves . Send it for undercut and minimize the down time with parts scattered everywhere .

#18 and 25 on the ron ayers parts fiche

Last edited:
2nd and 6th driven . They are side to side on one of the two separate transmission gear racks.

Get new C clips as well. Likely to need shift forks and the rods they hang on.

I have a used stock transmission you could buy cheaper than the gears themselves . Send it for undercut and minimize the down time with parts scattered everywhere .

#20 and 26 on the ron ayers parts fiche

Made a small correction there :thumbsup:

ham i think i replied to your email. pulling the motor and removing the trans is not too bad. as stated above new shift forks and better shift fork shafts is a very good idea while your in there. also the output shaft seal and the clutch pushrod seal as well. if you wanna do it lemme know i will help you out with it.

Back