How fast would it go? Don't want to try!

Dehning

Registered
The moment anybody sees my Busa, nine times out of 10 I get asked how fast it will go. Don't have the nerve to test it, so with the following mods, what's a realistic answer:

Gen I
K&N Filter
Micron slip ons.
PC3 with closely matched, but not custom map.
Smart TRE.
-1 on rear sprocket.

In the 190s ?

Thanks for the input.

Posted via Mobile Device

How much do you weigh??? How well can you tuck and reduce drag :laugh:

I doubt my bike will get 170 with my round tub arrss on it :rofl: Poor Busa :(

Get on the Texas Mile :poke:

Last edited:
The moment anybody sees my Busa, nine times out of 10 I get asked how fast it will go. Don't have the nerve to test it, so with the following mods, what's a realistic answer:

Gen I
K&N Filter
Micron slip ons.
PC3 with closely matched, but not custom map.
Smart TRE.
-1 on rear sprocket.

In the 190s ?

Thanks for the input.

It would go faster with the stock gearing...you did not add any HP...probably lost 1-2 hp with the K+N filter.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think the fastest i been was around 185. I recorded the speedometer but the camera was bouncing around as i was going faster. Planing to go to a salt flat to test, but not ready right now.

if thier asking :poke: they have no idea.
i just tell them 200, and if they don't look impressed enough i tell them "well i've never had a chance to top it out, but it should do 206."
:rofl:
they have no idea, and 1/2 the time they have a drink in thier hand soo:poke: wanna hear about the fish i cought the other day, boy he was a big one, i could tell!, just before the line snapped....:rofl:

Gen I , with K&N filter and full Exzust Yuoshmira RS-3 , I do 191 Mph .

For Max speed , +2 Front sprocket . Makes a last Gear more Space for Speed .

Last edited:
I just tell them it will do 70 with no problem :rofl: Might be a leo that asks, had that happen before, just smile and walk away.

I tell the average cager "ahh, right about 200mph". If it ever turns out to be LEO, I'll just clarify, "IT" goes that fast ;) doesn't mean I do.. :whistle:

I just tell them it will do 70 with no problem :rofl: Might be a leo that asks, had that happen before, just smile and walk away.

Lol up..
Since I could care less what cagers think I say what ever the last speed limit was on the road before I stopped to entertain the monkeys.

In my line of work its all perception. Can't have a parent thinking I'm some crazy Jarhead on a sportbike AND their kids want to be like WHO?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

"As fast as you are not scared to go".

Or, "I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you".

Or, if you have Gen 1 with 220 gauges, "I will let you guess", and point to the speedo.

If/when I get asked this question, my standard answer is: I am an old fart and honestly do not know since I don't have the ballz to find out (seriously, this is my generic reply).

I tell them, I've had it to 150 and that's usually good enough to get a big eyed responce. I normally just leave it at that.

Before the engine work I would say. "It runs 138 in third gear in a 1/4 mile with my big butt on it". "It has three more gears so you do the math"

Yesterday I was asked. "sir, I'm not sure." "They come with a speed limiter to keep it under 186 mph." "My wife won't let me disable it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am far sighted, and cannot read the speedometer. But the needle gas gone somewhat to the right of vertical.

CW
:whistle:

The realistic answer is :::::::::::::::::: I'll NEVER know with me on it :laugh:

That's also the Wisest and Smartest answer you can have :thumbsup:

Back