DNGrumpy rebuild!

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Well Dave dropped off his new bike to last weekend, and it seams to fallen apart this aternoon!

Dave is coming up on Saturday to swap the motor, suspension, and brakes!

Ill post pics as it goes!

rebuild 001 (Small).jpg

rebuild 002 (Small).jpg

rebuild 004 (Small).jpg

rebuild 003 (Small).jpg

Gosh, what a piece! It just fell apart like that?!? :laugh:

Are you using the old engine in the new frame? I'm sure it'll be a great build, John. You guys keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Nice bike..........wuz

Hey we need a straight set of forks for a gen 1, think Dave would miss those?

They are going on the other chassis, we are building basically 2 bikes.

The other bike will be a salvage rebuild over the winter, to help re-coop some of the loss Dave has in-curded!

They are going on the other chassis, we are building basically 2 bikes.

The other bike will be a salvage rebuild over the winter, to help re-coop some of the loss Dave has in-curded!

Cool I could swap you the bent forks for the salvage bike...lol

Cool I could swap you the bent forks for the salvage bike...lol

Thats the thing, i have to swap all the Race Tech internals from Dave damaged forks, to the new bike!

I really only have one good set!

Im happy to see this all begin. Please as im sure you will keep us updated with lots of pictures! :thumbsup:

Here is a total list of what need to be done!

motor swap
24 volt starter system
Hids
switchback harness
new upper fairing
rebuild forks
remove the lowering links
swap the wheels
swap the brakes
install under tail
swap the rearsets
And a few more!

Is anything ever left alone at your house John?:laugh:

Looks like a great start, but whats up with that ugly silver frame?:laugh:

Looks like a great start, but whats up with that ugly silver frame?:laugh:

Hey! Silver frames have feelings you know! Now i have to go comfort mine and tell her its going to be okay....

My busa is all black, I think if i went with a black frame/swingarm it may be a little much? I have been toying with that subject though lately...

Hey! Silver frames have feelings you know! Now i have to go comfort mine and tell her its going to be okay....

My busa is all black, I think if i went with a black frame/swingarm it may be a little much? I have been toying with that subject though lately...

All you will have to do is look at the 07s. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Ive got a silver frame too, i dont mind it, but Grumpy, well, he is a diferent story...

Back