Blancas down !

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Cant even call it an accident. More like an 'at fault' as it was 100% all mine. Due to my own stupidity I clipped the back end of a stationary object, meaning a car..:banghead:
It happened last Sunday on my ride down to the keys with Busa1166 and O Holy P. We were four hours into our ride and had ridden about 200 miles. We stopped to take a break and drink a bottle of water. Less than 100yds back on the road third car in front of me broke down and came to a stop, other two cars in front of me also came to a stop, not an immediate sudden stop but a quick stop. I was simply mentally tired and lost concentration for only a second or less. I was not going more than 20-30mph nor was I following too close. It is just that my concentration lapsed for only just a second or so and by the time my brain smacked me awake the safe following distance I had evaporated and it was almost too late. I was heading dead center for the rear of the car stopped in front of me. I grabbed the brakes and steered left. Almost made it (I know, that doesnt count) I was in control all the way up until the very last ten feet or so but wound up giving it too much rear brake and locked it up. At that point I lost control and all ability to continue steering her around the car and avoid and impact disappeared and I clipped the rear of the car. Bike was semi sideways when both of us slammed into rear of car/tailgate. I pinballed off tailgate and was going over to left. She got too far over and before she came over on my leg I pushed off her and she went down on left side. It was 100% my fault as only a seconds worth of lapse of concentration almost cost me dearly. I have thought about posting this for a few days now. The pain and anger at myself have subsided so I figure I can handle all the 'your a dumbass' comments I well deserve. Busa1166 and O Holy P were with me and very gentlemanly about it at the time but now is y'alls time to laugh it up as again I deserve it. I bounced off the rear of the car like a basketball.
The people I hit could not have been nicer as they were only concerned if I was alright. The responding officer again could not have been nicer as he said to me it was obvious how much my pride had been hurt and he was not gonna cite me even though I was clearly the 'at fault' vehicle.
After we left the scene we contiuned on the No Name pub for a pizza so I can say that it was the most expensive pizza I've ever had.
Words cannot express how lucky I am to have been able to walk away with only a few bruises.
I am still amazed also at the fact that considering how hard I hit the rear of the vehicle that I did not break or crack a single piece on the bike. Both fairings are scratched, nose piece is scratched on both sides, gas tank has fist sized dent in it, stator cover is gouged and scratched but not broken, clutch lever is scratched, both mirrors are scratched and foot peg on left side is dinged as well from when she fell over. My right wrist swoll up pretty bad same as my right knee did. I feel that if I had sliders on bike they may have saved left side from amount of damage it sustained but aslo feel that right side slider may have 'caught' on something and done more damage rather than the bike smoothly bouncing off.
After we ate I rode over 220 miles home and let me tell you it was a long lonely ride. Bike did not leak a single drop of anything and started right up. Without seeing the damage or knowing about it she runs fine and is fine.
There are no questions to be asked by me nor any mystery as to what happened as again it was all my fault. Just simply let myself drift for as second and rear ended a car. We are a big family here. I have shared my good experiences with you folks and now I share my bad one. My gear saved me from further injury because as you can see my helmet is what put huge dent in tailgate.

So let the bashing begin as I deserve all of it .
'Dipstick' , 'Dumbass' and anything else I am it !
Manny (Busa1166) and Patrick (O Holy P) thanks for being there to help me.

CARIHIT9510.jpg

Side of bike that hit car..
Blancadamagepics007.jpg

Blancadamagepics002.jpg

Left side damage from falling over...
Blancadamagepics003.jpg

Blancadamagepics009.jpg

Blancadamagepics013.jpg

Blancadamagepics010.jpg

Blancadamagepics005.jpg

Blancadamagepics001.jpg

Glad you are okay! Bikes can be fixed.

Adding in medical bills I have a $45,000 ziptie.... Beats your $3000 pizza

So sorry to hear. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

Very sorry to hear, Glad you are okay

Of all the possible get offs, I'd take one of those any time of day. Glad you are OK, and the bike is mostly OK.

Now, what's the deal with using the rear brake at all?

Why would anyone laugh? Dude, glad you're not hurt worse. Bikes can be repaired, you not so much.

How's the saying go, "There are two types of riders. Those who have gone down and those who WILL go down". I'm in the latter myself.

Heal well.

Well first Im glad you were able to walk and ride away from it.

Looks like the car got the worst of it, Must have been that hard head of yours :laugh:

No name calling here, Its easy to let your mind drift a little while riding, Not smart but easy to do.

Once again Saiid Im glad your OK.

is this going to slow your posting any, We have a pool going and I need an edge to work with :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Don't mean to pry........... well I guess I do mean to pry :laugh:

How did she take it :poke: :laugh: Is she going still let you come out an play with us :) Glad you made it. I watched the whole incident unfold, let me tell you was hard to watch. All it takes is the loss of a second, 00:01 amount time in concentration can ruin anyones day.

Can happen and does happen to a lot of people though not every one pays for it, and don't realize that they zoned out for a sec.

Thanks all for the well wishes .
Almost thirty years of riding on street and up till now I've only been down three times.
First time I hit a dog when I was thirteen on my xt125.
Second time I was sixteen in CT and crashed on ice on my Rz350 cuz I didn't want to stay home with parents .
Third time I was run over on I95 on my zx11 , completely run over .
And now this .

Glad you're OK, Saiid. Best wishes for a speedy recovery..for you and bike :)

Sorry to hear Bro, glad you are OK. Scary how the accidents here on the forum are starting to add up before fall. I was in there as well.

Perhaps fall is a good thing for us folks not in Florida, gives a break and prepare for the next season.

Any get off is not good. I am just glad you are ok. The bike doesnt look that bad and can be fixed.

glad you are ok..

glad they dont make bumpers like they used to..the old heavy duty bumpers dont bend easily...and that bumper on the yukon is mashed...

Truely sorry to hear about your misfortune and very glad is wasn't worse.

Coulda happened to any of us...

Back