Crashed????

JoshS

Registered
I think it is terrible anytime anyone crashes his/her bike. I have crashed before and don't wish it on anyone. The worst thing is (besides injuries) you don't have a bike anymore!!!:banghead:

I think helping others when this has happened is a GREAT idea!!!:beerchug:
I was one of those who suggested helping this way. I think this would be great for a "club" ".oRg" to do!!
My point is this I have seen many threads here about members who have crashed. Why is it that everyone is not getting same support?

Not saying those who are don't deserve it. That is not my point!!!

Just curious why we don't help everyone across the board?:2cents:

Again not trying to step on anyone's toes, just saying!

Godbless

:bump:
Can't believe no one chimed in.

If what I said is wrong someone please let me know:poke:

:bump:
Can't believe no one chimed in.

If what I said is wrong someone please let me know:poke:

Nothing wrong with the suggestion. A noble thought and a very good idea, but is something that could be easily exploited by those with bad intentions. There is an area " members for members" where those that can help or need help can go ask for assistance.

But asking an individual to either collect money or parts and hold it for when it's needed just wouldn't work in reality. jmo

Last edited:
I try to offer whatever I can to whoever I can in their moments of grief and need .
Whether they need it for real or are just working me to take item and sell on eBay doesn't matter to me.
I'll let the conscience of the recipient be their judge as it's not for me to do so .
Your thoughts are worthy .

I think we all help where we can, but its hard to help everyone on the interwebs.

Its a little more personal when its someone you've met and spoken with. :thumbsup:

A lot do have the INTENT but most may not have the MEANS. I joined the ORG back in '06 and back then, members were already lending a helping hand if/when they can.

Last edited:
Lots of offers are public but sometimes pm's are sent asking if they need or want help... also a long time member who themself has set a great example in helping others is usually one that lots of members are willing to reach out to vs. someone who is brand new here.

I was offered help when 2 seperate times when I crashed but Statefarm was good to me. :cool:

There are TONS of people that have went down (myself included), and a few have received help, from others spare parts piles, or donations (usually from people they have met in person). And I can't remember to many people asking for themselves, it's usually someone else asking without their knowing, some GOOD people on here. Could you imagine trying to help EVERYONE that went down. Now for someone that has given, given, and given some more for the people here, and NEVER looked for anything in return are the ones that truly deserve it , JMO

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Almost every crash is preventable. Every crash I've had was due to running out of talent when I needed it most. Bikes don't crash on their own, it takes input from the rider to create the crash.

This is my take on financial aid to crash victims. From what I see on this forum is at least 95% of the members spend their extra spendable income on bling and fail to spend a nickle on improving their skills. How many threads have we seen where a new member bought a busa and the first thread after the introduction is what mods should they do first. It's never, where can I learn how to stay on two wheels!

For me, I have no interest in giving financial aid to a guy who has spent his money on a full exhaust, PC, chrome wheels, turbo kit etc. etc. and never spent a dime on track time, schools etc. in order to improve his skills in keeping it upright. And my favorite beef is the guy who puts steel brake lines and HH pads in order to make his brakes more agressive then installs Avon Storm or Shinko touring tires so he can lock the front and bust his a$$ just that much faster. Then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, blames his absolute lack of ability on the biotch who changed lanes and cut him off when he had a 40 mph closing speed.

No Sir, I am not the least bit interested in contributing financial aid to a rider who spends his money on bling and then runs out of talent when he needs it most!

I think the best phrase to use is "Why should I help the guy who refuses to help himself"?

:beerchug:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Almost every crash is preventable. Every crash I've had was due to running out of talent when I needed it most. Bikes don't crash on their own, it takes input from the rider to create the crash.

This is my take on financial aid to crash victims. From what I see on this forum is at least 95% of the members spend their extra spendable income on bling and fail to spend a nickle on improving their skills. How many threads have we seen where a new member bought a busa and the first thread after the introduction is what mods should they do first. It's never, where can I learn how to stay on two wheels!

For me, I have no interest in giving financial aid to a guy who has spent his money on a full exhaust, PC, chrome wheels, turbo kit etc. etc. and never spent a dime on track time, schools etc. in order to improve his skills in keeping it upright. And my favorite beef is the guy who puts steel brake lines and HH pads in order to make his brakes more agressive then installs Avon Storm or Shinko touring tires so he can lock the front and bust his a$$ just that much faster. Then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, blames his absolute lack of ability on the biotch who changed lanes and cut him off when he had a 40 mph closing speed.

No Sir, I am not the least bit interested in contributing financial aid to a rider who spends his money on bling and then runs out of talent when he needs it most!

I think the best phrase to use is "Why should I help the guy who refuses to help himself"?

:beerchug:

Kind of harsh Tuf. I am one of the guys who has steel braided lines and HH pads and used to run avon storms and they are still one of my favorite tires. I ride safe and do my best to stay within my limits. I also do track days to improve my skills, so where do I fit in?

Now to help answer your question: There are a variety of reasons for helping members. There are also a variety of ways to help a member. If you know someone that has went down, then start a thread asking for help. We have the Pay it Forward thread that all things in there are free. Also, we used to have raffles to help raise money for fallen members. I myself have started auctions to do that very thing. However, we had a raffle going for a fallen member going and someone reported us to paypal. Great, so now we have to shut down the raffles, any raffle for any reason. It is not because we wanted to, we were told to. I have also been the receipeint of financial help in the past and do what I can to help others. Its what we do, we help each other. What you see is the simple fact that some members attend every event, or a many events a year. People get to know them and you have face with a name. You have other members who are shy or for lifes reasons, are unable to attend events. When people go down, they are more inclined to help someone that have met and ridden with, sometimes on multiple occasions. When you have someone go down that no one has ever met, donations some times go slower. Its not that people dont want to help, its just the fact that people will always be inclined to help those they know first before someone they have never seen or met. I wish there were an easier way, but we have not figured it out yet. One suggestion was to have a Helping Members bank account, people send in funds in the way of donations and then those funds are distributed when needed. But who is going to manage that acccount? Who will administer the funds in a way that will be fair to everyone? How many members will percieve that they or someone they know were treated fairly? Lots of sticky issues with that one and it will become a nightmare to manage. Hence, why is has not happened. I hope that answers some of your questions. I dont have all the answers nor claim to, but that is way I see it. Others may disagree or be able to elaborate on what I have stated.

I went down last week and bought what I could from people on here and what else I needed from other sources. Anything I have in my possesion that anyone can use is thiers. I don't expect things for free, just looking for things quick. People can always use extra money. That is just me. :moon:

Gotta love the guys that have "stipulations" on whether they'll help or not...gotta love the holier-than-thou attitudes too :rofl:

Most here help if and when they can...a lot of the members that receive help are pretty active here and have likely met others at rides and meet-n-greets. I guess many find that part of the "inner circle" thing many feel occurs here, but honestly, it's human nature to want to help someone you know and have ridden with... :)

Sometimes the truth is a bit harsh. I'm not sure how to candy coat it? Most of us, me included, will eventually fall down at some point in the future. And, most will make some sort of excuse that tends to place the blame some place other than their lack of ability.

If you lock the front and bust your bum because you add a touring tire to agressive brakes, I have no mercy for you! A bad decision is the underlying culpret to most crashes. If you fall down and end up with road rash because you failed to protect your hide, I'll look at you and say "Damn, I bet that hurts"! If you are dumb enough to climb aboard one of these things without protection and crash, I have no mercy for you!

I don't want to see anyone crash, it's never fun and always expensive. However, I have no sympathy for the ones who fails to help themselves!

Life is about choices, make good choices and life will turn out well! Bad choices will be painful and expensive. My theory is, don't make bad choices and then ask your neighbor to bail you out!

Everybody rides safe until the unexpected rears it's ugly head. No one leaves home with the intention of crashing. Always dress for the crash, not the ride! It may save you a long and painful recovery!

Bikes don't crash on their own, it takes input from the rider to create the crash.

Tell that to someone who went down because a deer jumped in front of them.

Not sure how rider input would have anything to do in that situation...

Tell that to someone who went down because a deer jumped in front of them.

Not sure how rider input would have anything to do in that situation...

Well, had that rider taken a telepathy class, perhaps they could have told the deer to stay out of the way :poke: So, again, rider error :laugh:

:moon:

Back