Fixed the Busa today!!!!

busastalker05

Registered
Well after we got the bike back home, my little brother and stripped it down and start troubleshooting. We removed the spark plugs and noticed it looked like the plugs were Dry firing. We narrowed it down to the fuel system.

tonight after work I removed the fuel pump and tore it completely apart.
In my sunday post i mentioned that i had cleaned the filter, I DID NOT in my irrational state of mind of my bike has broken down again and i dont know how im gonna fix i said i had cleaned the filter, i cleaned the exterior of the pump i never took it apart! i apologize. Anyway what i found was unbelievable, in the bottom of the pump was a pile of muddy rusty gunk, and the fuel strainer as i learned today was completely clogged. and the large plastic piece that the gas runs through was filled with the same! after two hrs of cleaning everything with gasoline scrapers and brilo pads and lots of air blowing, we had it all cleaned and reassmbled!

We then put it back together and put a little bit of gas in the tank and just hooked the lines up, and lo and behold she fired right up, gave her a few cranks and didnt see anything or hear anything bad.

Tomorrow i will put the fairings on and ride it! I will then officially know if its all at a hundred percent! My brother, dad, brothers father-in-law, and i leave sunday for a 6 day bike trip, and I just dont want anything to go wrong..

Dk55 - thankyou for letting me know about your mechanic i will let you know if i need his assistance!!!!

also i took pictures of the parts to show how horrible they were but i cant pull them off my phone for some reason.....

This is all the result of using a painter who was careless with my bike and parts, a mistake that i have learned alot from and will never happen again!!!

You have to ask yourself where the 'rusty gunk' came from.
Need to check inside your tank or it may keep happening ?

Glad you got her running .
Enjoy .

once you remove tank and then remove pump, which is only 5 bolts, you then have to maneuver it out of the tank, which can be tricky. in order to completely take apart the pump assembly it is only a few small screws(which strip easily) and it all slides apart.. I was nervous about doing it, i thought it looked too complicated, but it is very simple.......

from the local dealer the small fuel filter is only $$$305, and the fuel strainer at the bottom of the pump is $58,,
the fuel filter is half the cost of the whole pump.. it seems abit ridiculous to me

Last edited:
thanks, Ive been running a bit rough lately, tried seafaom and plugs ect... gonna take a look at the filter next. I changed tanks last fall and needed to add sealant to keep from leaking, think some may have come loose it may be slowing fuel delivery down. One way to find out...

Back