Funds for the Grumpy's

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey folks....

For anyone that has been to the Spring bash over the past few years you know the great food that has been provided to us for a small fee. Dave and Angela over the years have lost money just about every year but they never complain about it. We try to make it up the next year by getting the word out... There is always a ton of work ordering the food, transporting hundreds of pounds of steak, chicken, shrimp and and all the sides that go along. Not to mention the time that they spend from their vacation so they can cook for us while we are all out riding...

We the time has come for us to pay them back a little, I knew a time would come when we could pony up and give a little back to them what they so graciously have volunteered for each year.

As you know the Grumpy's went down last weekend and Dave's bike was totalled. We are grateful that no one was seriously injured but there are other needs.

I have been working with John (GixerHP) on getting this rolling and if you ever saw Dave's bike you would know that its not stock, John had done some major motor work and the bike was great all the way around. I didn't ask for the details since it's none of my business but I do know that insurance isn't going to cover all the things needed to get the Grumpy's rolling again...

Dave and Angela don't know (YET) that we are doing this but I felt it necessary to post up and see what finds we can scrounge together to help make ends meet.....

Guys the Grumpy's have done a ton of work for us and making the bash a success every year... Lets say we just pitch in and see what we can do...

We are going to be using John's paypal address so if you feel so inclined you can send whatever you feel comfortable with sending to gixerhp@aol.com . John is handling the money and the build so he can keep us all informed on how things are progressing......

I will be sending the first email support the cause...

Thanks in advance!

cap

Last edited:
If anyone doesn't have paypal, and would like to send something, here is my address.

John Hayes
26 Lumb Ave
Nashua, NH, 03060

Also no one need's to post what they donate!

One more thing, please put a note in the comment box when sending money, with paypal.

Last edited:
The food was excellent, I met the Grumpy's for the first time at the last bash, so.... Done

I think it goes without saying, but im gonna say it.

John,
Once ya know whats needed, We need a parts list!!!

Last edited:
Thank you in advance. Wound up with $4585 and my wreckage. My hope is to locate an 07' black or burgandy and start over again, if anyone has any time to check their local Craigslist and let us know if there is anything out there. So far a black 07' All stock for $7000 is what we've found.
Posted via Mobile Device

Once ya know whats needed, We need a parts list!!!

Are you gonna be needing brake or clutch lines ?
I still have mine . They are oem from GenII ?
Don't know if any will fit an 07 though ?

Hey Grumpy there is an 06 at argocycles.com for 6500 red and black dont know if that helps out at all i have tried to attach an image for you also

and this one is in ct suposedly http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1921495805.html asking 4500 for it

busa.jpg

Last edited:
The one at ARGO is now a salvage title, broken plastics on the right side, missing a mirror, bike was rearended. Lots of chrome blah blah blah, he is going to send me the bio sheet and pictures. $6500 is steep for a salvage with damage but it is a dealership/recycler.

Well I know you are not that far from me and had seen it on there the other day so i thought i would throw it out to ya how about that one from craigslist did you check it out ? I know they aint too far from us either

Going to see the 04' from hartford tonight at 7:30, money is right on. Needs a nose. Not exactly what i want but nothing out of pocket to start with is a huge bonus, Thousands to go to get back whats lost but at least i can finish this season.

HATE the silver frames blah blah blah

Blah Blah Blah be quiet

Im the one that will take it apart

Right on! good luck with it and if you need anything just let us know im about 30 minutes from John and i have another buddy who has some parts laying around that he might want to sell if you need them
well frames are easy to Powdercoat expecially with the winter coming quickly just ask tmpowdercoating lol

Going to see the 04' from hartford tonight at 7:30, money is right on. Needs a nose. Not exactly what i want but nothing out of pocket to start with is a huge bonus, Thousands to go to get back whats lost but at least i can finish this season.

HATE the silver frames blah blah blah

Hate my front end being too low...hate my black crappy (although lovingly spray painted in a pinch) plastics...hate my white rims. Need I go on? I think a silver frame is tolerable. :whistle:
Posted via Mobile Device

Well Doug really hooks me up on this board when it comes to my sponsorship and banner so it's no doubt I need to come through on this one, especially since your food makes the bash all that much better. Perhaps we should raffle off a new $250 center stand and get $5 per ticket? What sounds good? I can always just send over some money instead if that idea sounds crappy?

Ian

Well Doug really hooks me up on this board when it comes to my sponsorship and banner so it's no doubt I need to come through on this one, especially since your food makes the bash all that much better. Perhaps we should raffle off a new $250 center stand and get $5 per ticket? What sounds good? I can always just send over some money instead if that idea sounds crappy?

Ian

Ian thats sounds awe some!

We just need Dougs Ok:bowdown:

Back