2011 Hayabusa(pic)sike

ham4864

Registered
i just came across this picture and wanted to share.

hayabusa.jpg

Poor folks got poor ways.
I'd say this was in Somalia or some such northern African country. Life is pretty cheap there.

Just think, if they lived in the good ole USA they'd be on welfare and driving a black Caddy with blinged out wheels!! :whistle:

Can't really judge them till you have lived there.
Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a choice as we do .

Hey, is that a 1 piece racing suit on the baby?

Honestly though, I've seen as bad or worse in pictures a few times.

As for the vid, that was just insane. What if one of them had supersized their lunch?????

Obviously dangerous, but unfortunately, the are quite a few countries where people ride this way. As Blanca said, they are not as fortunate as we are.

This is going to tick Elvorin off, but this is only slightly more extreme that some of the things I've seen here in India. It's quite common to ride 3 up, and for women to be holding a baby in their arms while riding sidesaddle (note on the pic in the original post that the chain is fully enclosed), with another kid sandwiched between her and her husband. I've also seen kids as young as 2 riding on the tank holding the bars. Helmets here are rudimentary at best (think early 1970s; no EPS, soft plastic faceshields instead of polycarbonate), and more often than not the rider either has the helmet on his arm or propped on a mirror. The upside, if you can call it that, is that we think of motorcycles in terms of American bikes, which by and large are fast and powerful. However, over here the vast majority of bikes are 110cc or so, maybe 125, and are rarely ridden fast (25mph or so). Yes, that's still fast enough to hurt you if you fall, but nothing like the wrecks you see in the states. At that speed, a small kid is more likely to bounce than to break something, though road rash is still a definite possibility and head injuries are still possible.

Back