broken down again

busastalker05

Registered
well as of this min I'm on the side of the road staring at a busa that quit running. I was going just fine when started losing power and then she just died. I coasted about a half a mile to a little pull off.

I'm so frustrated with this bike. Last week I had to pull the fuel pump and clean it because it died on me.

I don't know what's wrong with it. Fouled plugs or what?

I have a trailer on the way.

Ill update when I know something
Posted via Mobile Device

My brother is a bike mechanic in Swannanoa if you need his number, just pm me. He works from his house and would probably be pretty cheap.

hope you get it figured out and can get back on the road soon! :beerchug:

Hope you get the problem resolved Bro.!!
Also, don't forget the possibility of getting gas that has water in it.
We had that problem on our recent trip in the car.

Also sounds to me like your getting some nasty gas somewhere around your local. "Had to pull the fuel pump and clean it" should not need to be done normally. If it's the same problem, get your gas somewhere else from where your getting it now.

I agree pour all the gas in a clear tank or jar and let it sit overnight .
In the morning the water if any is there will have separated and you'll see it easy .
I had same problem and chased all around trying to figure out the problem . In the end it was bad gas .

Thanks guys I didn't think of water that could be it from some gas I used. also we pulled the spark plugs and none smelled like has and they looked very dry from when we tried to start it like the motor isn't receiving fuel.
I hope it is a minor problem because nxt Sunday my family is taking a week long motorcycle trip up north. I hope I can have her running again
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree pour all the gas in a clear tank or jar and let it sit overnight .
In the morning the water if any is there will have separated and you'll see it easy .
I had same problem and chased all around trying to figure out the problem . In the end it was bad gas .

I am pretty sure you did it when you did the pump and it may have already been mentioned, check the tank lining inside for flakes or debris stuck on the insides walls, may be stuff that comes on clogs it when you fill it up.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back