Rider runs from police/passenger falls and dies

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Happened yesterday here in Toronto area. Police had the cherries on to pull over motorcyclist for unknown reason, the rider hits the throttle and the passenger fell off the back.

The rider DID NOT STOP!!!!!!!! and the passenger was then run over by at least 2 cars on the highway,cars did not stop either. Some riders here are blaming the HTA where your bike is impounded for 50 k over, some riders here are blaming movies and TV, some riders here are blaming the cop.

The blame lays squarely on the rider. End of story.

The cop is doing his/her job, prolly suprised as heck the rider ran. Today is a terribly sad day for ALL riders here and everywhere. Assuming the passenger is a female, a family has lost a daughter,sister,aunt maybe a mother.

Another family is going to lose a son,hopefully the justice system here will work for once, and the police who had to clean up this tradgedy are scarred.

And, lastly, all of us riders here on sportbikes have just been sullied by one persons action. I hope when they find this person, they string him up by his B***s.

A truly sad,sad day,REST IN PEACE, passenger, you didn't have a chance.

Crap! What was the rider thinking? They should add manslaughter to the charges.

Very sad day. Prayers sent to the family

Not only did he not stop for her sake but, two other cars run her over and keep going? Wtf is wrong with people... Its very unfortunate someone had to lose their lives over this.

I didn't hear about this one....have to watch the news tonight for a follow-up story. All blame goes to the rider, hope he/she pays big time including the vehicular manslaughter if they can drop that one on this clown too. Another reason why I never ride on the back of anyones bike.

All blame does lie with operator of bike no doubt but how on earth if you accidentally run over a fallen human in road do you not stop ?
The two drivers of the cars need to be found and punished as well.
She may have been hurt and survived but squished by two cars and for sure it ain't ending well .
Bad news all the way around .

we had a couple get rear ended on the interstate by a truck....wife was thrown from car...2nd truck ran her over and killed her. neither truck stopped.

Fear generates stupidity. I feel for the family and friends of the woman who died.

Very sad,

Motorcycle Passenger Killed After Motorcycle Chase
Sat, 2010-08-28 06:07.
David Woodard
Durham Police and the SIU are investigating after a motorcycle passenger died late last night.

OPP Constable Graham Williamson says it happened on the West bound 401 in Whitby around 11:30 pm when a Durham Police Cruiser attempted to pull over a motorcyclist.

"Now the motorocyle didn't stop, it accelerated, and the passenger of the motorcyle was dislodged, and fell on the roadway. Unfortunately the passenger was then struck by one or more vehicles."

The 401 Westbound lanes were closed overnight near Brock Road.

Police are still looking for the motorcycle and the driver, along with anoyone who may have witnessed the accident.

If it happened at night, car drivers didn't have any idea what they ran over. Even a rider may not be aware right away he lost a passenger. So in reality in may look not as crazy as it sounds. Still a sad ending to someone's life.

If it happened at night, car drivers didn't have any idea what they ran over. Even a rider may not be aware right away he lost a passenger. So in reality in may look not as crazy as it sounds. Still a sad ending to someone's life.

Cmon IG we have headlights . Unless it was Granny Smith in a Town car your gonna see something especially if she had a helmet on .
At the very least it would have made her spill her coffee !
Maybe I'm wrong and at 40 still comparably young but even at 150mph in a car at night I'd still recognize a person in the road .
May not be able to avoid it but surely would stop afterward .

Kento thanks for the article .
Strange again how they are only still looking for bike and no drivers of the cars ?
You would also think by now whoever was driving those cars would have heard in news a person was run over and realized it was they who drove over her . With no charges pending if i hadn't realized what I'd done at the time I surely would call police next day and confess to clear my conscience .

I Love it :laugh: , MOVIES are the fault" NOT the Idiot riding the bike :whistle:

Canada, you need to check your Borders, you must be getting illegal Americans up there :rofl:

A couple of more stories:

CTV Toronto - Motorcycle passenger killed on Highway 401 - CTV News

“Despite being hit by what appears to be multiple cars, no one in the westbound lanes of traffic stopped to help the victim. Police are looking for the driver of the bike and of the vehicles involved in the collision.”

Passenger falls off motorcycle, killed on 401 | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

“The passenger tumbled into the live lanes of traffic and is believed to have been hit by “one or more vehicles,” he said.
Remarkably, neither the motorcyclist nor any other driver remained at the scene to help.”

:oh:

Back