Lowering a busa

Busa_Powered

Registered
What parts are necessary to lower a Gen 1 busa? I dont want to be scrapping the pavement but look good.

How much do the parts cost?:please:

Different swingarm links and raise the fork tubes in the trees.
Several board sponsers sell lowering links, about $100 I think.

Need lowering links(dogbones)and a new tripletree.I have Roaring Toyz links/triple tree under $150 found on Ebay:beerchug:

Need lowering links(dogbones)and a new tripletree.I have Roaring Toyz links/triple tree under $150 found on Ebay:beerchug:

Heres some pics,also need a lowered kickstand:beerchug:

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

An option for the kickstand, the cheaper way which was to take it to a nearby metal place. Had them cut off the foot part of the kickstand cut what you need off of it an weld the foot back on the stock kickstand. That with After market dog bones from RT an their triple tree is the way I went.

Don't forget to get the kickstand mod done, often overlooked till it's to late

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/appearance-mods/25882-must-do-kick-stand-mod.html

What everyone else said, except i'm still on the stock kick stand with the kick stand mod done, works just fine for me, i'm 2" down, looks good but still real streetable, i gotta be real careful with speed bumps or i'll stand her up on em but for everyday driving it works pretty well.

Not to mention i love how she handles and feels just a bit lower:thumbsup:

Check out Soupys Performance, thats what I run. For the front, with the Soupys kit, you can use the stock top clamp. :thumbsup:

Want these? Spacers to raise the top clamp, works just like the one Demmym posted, just not the solid block. PM if interested.

SANY1324.jpg

Back