Well..I took her out and wound her up for the first time yesterday

MR Felt

Registered
After owning my 2006 ( stock, no mods) for two months now I took her out on some county roads . Side note, I think I need to sync the throttle bodies, throttle response down low might improve . The bike is a hard charger above 6k.
I did two high speed runs. It gets up to 140 right now.
I was planing to go faster but I was getting some turbulence
from the back that was shaking my leathers pretty hard so I shut it down both times at 145. I did not have the hump on it, just the passinger seat and grab bar.
I did put steel brake lines and Galpher Green pads on two weeks ago but I think I will have to go to the EBC HH pads for more stopping power from high speeds. Motorcycle Brakes from here on the forum suggested the Galpher Greens as they don't wear the Rotors as compared to the EBC HH's.
Joel

I just got those same brake pads. You not like them?

I haven't put mine on yet. Doing that tomorrow.

Cycle brakes suggested them to me also, instead of the EBC's for my stock rotors, so I went with them too.

I just got those same brake pads. You not like them?

I haven't put mine on yet. Doing that tomorrow.

Cycle brakes suggested them to me also, instead of the EBC's for my stock rotors, so I went with them too.

The jury is still out. My stock Yamaha FZ1 brakes worked better than the stock Suzuki brakes. I was hoping for a night and day difference on the braking upgrades which wasn't the case. I can say that the brakes work well at this time maybe better performance can be had with Brembo calipers and or EBC HH.
Put them on ( Galpher Green pads) and report back.

Back