Toll Tags On Bikes

Busa_Powered

Registered
Here in DFW there are alot of Toll Roads.

With a tolltag its quite a bit cheaper.

Anyone have a clever place to put one where it is not visible but still effective? Wouldnt want it stolen.

We have sticker ones now that attach to our windshields of our cars

The previous model was a plastic sensor held with velcro strips to the windshield.

I know that those would still work if you took it down and put it in your glovebox, it would still sense it and charge your credit card.

Is it a manned toll booth or just a gate waiting for change? If it's unmanned, just stop, hop of the bike and pick up the change that missed the basket:thumbsup:
I went to NJ and back a few years ago, didnt pay one toll with my own money:laugh:

Here in Aus we don't need to carry our tag just have the registration plate registered to an account and have a set amount in your account that you can top up or set it to deduct an amount from you Credit card when it gets to a certain amount this is done via video image tracking. In Victoria (southern state) here Bikes are free:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Its unmanned, they have done away with the manned stations and arms. If you dont have a toll tag is takes a pic of your license plate and mails you a bill.

The toll tag reduces the fee assessed.

I like the idea of bikes being free, but not yet, at least in Texas

I live in NJ. I keep the EZ Pass tag in my pocket. Lost 2 already with the velcro and suction cups on the windscreen. I added my bike l.p. to my E-Z Pass account, so if the reader can't read the tag I don't get a ticket. I've been riding for two years with the tag in my chest pocket and haven't gotten a ticket.

Arent they about the size of an HID ballast? I have no idea how they signal the toll station or how strong the signal is, but you could mount it on the airtube under your dash panel?
Maybe?

I live in NJ. I keep the EZ Pass tag in my pocket. Lost 2 already with the velcro and suction cups on the windscreen. I added my bike l.p. to my E-Z Pass account, so if the reader can't read the tag I don't get a ticket. I've been riding for two years with the tag in my chest pocket and haven't gotten a ticket.

I also have ez-pass and keeping in your pocket is the best bet.The sensors can still pick it up.

Here in DFW there are alot of Toll Roads.

With a tolltag its quite a bit cheaper.

Anyone have a clever place to put one where it is not visible but still effective? Wouldnt want it stolen.

We have sticker ones now that attach to our windshields of our cars

The previous model was a plastic sensor held with velcro strips to the windshield.

I know that those would still work if you took it down and put it in your glovebox, it would still sense it and charge your credit card.

I ride the tollway to/from work almost every day and have one of the sticker tags. I have a dark smoke double bubble windscreen and placed it as far down next to the nose as I could. I've had no trouble with sensors/readers picking it up and with the dark smoke, it's not visible from the outside.

In Oklahoma you can have 2 vehicles per tag, so my truck and bike are registered to the same one. If it doest read, no big deal. They pick up my tag and the toll is paid. I also agree, bikes should be free.

I never tested it in my pocket, so I keep mine on the tank with velcro and remove it and store it in the hump. E-Z Pass needs to make something smaller, and in black, for our bikes.

Just sayin', the sensors here in central texas don't extend right accross the roadway, if you look carefully they stop short of the gaps between each lane, and if you run down that join you are never sensed.

I can attest to this as I have not had a toll on any of my bikes in over 2 years :whistle:

just sayin', the sensors here in central texas don't extend right accross the roadway, if you look carefully they stop short of the gaps between each lane, and if you run down that join you are never sensed.

I can attest to this as i have not had a toll on any of my bikes in over 2 years :whistle:

win!!:beerchug:

I live right off of Bush and ride it almost daily. The sticker tags they use now work better than the old tags. You can stick it to your under tail in the trunk and it'll still read. That being said, they charge the same if your toll tag doesn't read for a license plate photo. Just make sure you have your plate registered to your toll tag.

colorado did away with the little boxes and went to a thing that mounts on the plate, i never take the toll roads since i'm across town, they will charge your plate if you dont have a box, not sure if it would read the plate on the busa since its mounted on a angle off the rear peg.
I know it picks em up with the fender eliminator on the hondas...me and my brother hit a toll booth few months back at 160 on the RR's and havent seen a bill in the mail yet:whistle:

We already pay taxes to cover roads, so we pay more taxes to cover roads we already pay for ??? :guns: the politians...

surely you can figure someway to cover up that license plate as you pass by the toll booths if you go by them that often... :beerchug: just an idea

Back