Launching tips anyone? vid attached.

Hi, I need some tips on how to get my 0-60mph less than 3 seconds, i know im not very good but give a 17 year old a chance :)

So, from what i have been reading you need to revs between 4 and 6,000?
But at what speed is the clutch all the way out? and what speed are you then at full throttle?

Do you do the whole 0-60 in 1st? or is it best to change to 2nd just before?

I have a year 2000 busa with a Powercommander and K&n...

I would be like most people and see how to perfect a 1/4 of a mile time but i can't afford runs up to santa pod so i'll just practise 0-60s then 0-100's and so on :)

Any info would be good as im new to a bikes with this much power.

Me =
- Hayabusa 0-130mph[/url]

Only keeping the bike for a few more days, then im going to get a R6 as i can't afford the fuel and insurence for much longer on this!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see you gaining much fuel mileage switching to an r6 but I would imagine the insurance rates would probably be higher. Prolly start a war here but I wish people would choose better spots than the dang main roads.....

Last edited:
hayabusa insurence for the year = 1,500 pounds...
R6 for the year = 800 pounds...
Hayabusa MPG an adverage of 28 to 35 depending on how i ride it...
My m8s mpg on a 33bhp restricted R6 is over 43mpg

Im only really allowed 33bhp, but SHH :)
But in 2 years when insurence is half the price from 17 to a 19 year old, im getting a hayabusa again! maybe even a turbo thrown in :laugh:

I wasn't doing it through the traffic, just up to them :) sorry

It looked like you were not in a straight line, I mean pointed in the right direction.. can't launch hard from stop like that. jmo

My Busa gets between38-43 mpg I haven't touched it though no PC or other performance mods

Im now selling it for as low as 3,000 pounds, after paying 1,500 pounds for insurence i can get that money back if i cancel it within 2 weeks, so thats what im doing :)
3,000 pounds and its yours...
Only done 22,000 miles to, most have double that at this age of 2000.

Youtube video shows that video was posted by a owens10101, is it possible you are the infamous owens of some days gone past?:whistle:

You should have cleaned that cars taillight while you were there.:rulez:

I hate seeing riders doing things like that, gives the entire lot of us a bad reputation.

First tip on launching.... straight line. Second tip...on a track. If you just stay at the track you will save on insurance and gas. Buy a scooter for the streets :whistle:

Youtube video shows that video was posted by a owens10101, is it possible you are the infamous owens of some days gone past?:whistle:

Never heard of Owen (don't know how I missed this) & this is the 3'rd reference I read in 2 days about him. So I did a search VERY ENTERTAINING), in one of the threads someone says to look at his video's & they are from the same person.

Haha, so what?
No one belived me i had a b-king, no one belived me i had a hayabusa... I just got fed up and stopped talking, then posted a comment with swearing and got blocked!
well i do have a hayabusa, so there :moon:

Any info would be good as im new to a bikes with this much power.

Haha, so what?
No one belived me i had a b-king, no one belived me i had a hayabusa... I just got fed up and stopped talking, then posted a comment with swearing and got blocked!
well i do have a hayabusa, so there :moon:

But I thought you were new to bikes with this much power? It was quite some time ago when you came up with the b-king and busa wasn't it... anyhow, its fun watching everyone see how fast they can peg OWEN, :rofl:

Back