Installed new ZG Doublebubble....amazing!

bazooki

Registered
Just received my new Zero Gravity DB (dark smoke) today and installed it as soon as I got home from work. First impression is that it looks great. It is replacing the stock, light smoke. Second impression....I can now read my GIPro and see my turn signal indicators without having to duck my head down.....nice. Out on the backcountry roads I got a taste of what it is really about.....wind protection! It is amazing how much more protection you get over the stock windscreen. No more helmet buffeting at highway speeds and at high speed it is so easy to get down behind it for maximum protection and aero. It actually makes the bike feel slower as all that impression of speed caused by wind pressure is diminished making 120 feel more like 80 used to feel. I can see why this mod is a must have for anyone doing long stints on the highway on a Busa, the improvement is phenomenal. Going with the dark smoke looks really great but it does make everything under the windscreen a little harder to see especially as the sun is going down but before instrument lights compensate.

All in all a very big thumbs up for the DB and highly recommended to anyone who is thinking of going this route.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

I have mixed feelings about it.

I used to have it. What I noticed was that it was thinner than the stock, and that bit of a play was a bit annoying. Anyways, after my crash in '05, I put the stocker back thinking it was temporary, but somehow the wind was no longer a problem. Maybe I was laying down on the tank more, or simply got used to it. But I can be way in triple digits, and don't feel wind buffetting so badly.

i went from a broken ZG tour shield to a no name amazon special blue DB.:poke: what can i say..it looks cool.

:thumbsup:congrats on the new shield. shure is an easy way to make a big difference.:thumbsup:

now busa windscreen 012.jpg

now busa windscreen 023.jpg

i went from a broken ZG tour shield to a no name amazon special blue DB.:poke: what can i say..it looks cool.

:thumbsup:congrats on the new shield. shure is an easy way to make a big difference.:thumbsup:

What didnt you like about the touring screen. I was thinking about going that route

Do you mind elaborating a bit about this? I need to replace my ZG touring screen and have been considering trying the DB route. I ride a lot on the interstates though and an 6'2". I don't want to be lying on the tank all the time to get a break from the wind.

The ZG Sport Touring windscreen worked pretty well for me, but I never really cared for the size of it.

I think i have that yani shiki one, looks like the one on mine, need to get a ZG, have one on the cbr and its amazing, the busa seems like it just pushes it into my helmet, the ZG looks alot taller in the pics, good to know!

What didnt you like about the touring screen. I was thinking about going that route

i really did like it but :poke:

A bull/cow broke it while making sweet luv'n with Bessie! :laugh:

thats how Bessie got her name :laugh:

the tour screen was tall enough to look through in the rain, but i don't really notice much differance switching to the R series (thanks Pashnit, i had no idea what kind it was) in how the wind hits me. they both do a good job of cutting the wind. i just can't see through the blue DB. if i ever find a blue tour shield :whistle: i'll get it!:beerchug:

Day two now and it still looks cool so I am pretty happy with my choice. My big issue now is that I keep on going back to look at our old RCC Turbo thread that somebody dug up........:whistle:

Oops, guess I need to update my pic at the bottom of my posts now....

Last edited:
Gen1 ;
Had a Sportech V ,Really liked it! on the busa,. Really liked it! ( broke it , dont ask )

Put the stock one back on , didnt like all the air. I'm 6'3.

Looked for months for a replacement, was going to go with a ZG sport touring.

Ran across an other Sportech V , onsale , bought it and days later finialally

found a ZG sport touring, and got that also.

I HATE the ZG , much more buffering than the Sportech and flimsier.

Looks like I have a ZG ST for sale?

Pix 1 Sportech, pix 2&3 ZG sport touring

busawshield1.jpg

busawshield2.jpg

busawshield3.jpg

Last edited:
Back