HID install help.

I Love My Wife

Registered
I just got my HID kit from Yana Shiki I'm doing the low beam only. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but the bulb is not fitting snug at all. The instructions are terrible to boot.
Wiring harness has a all the connectors, that looks simple (just haven't determined what's the hot wire on the bike), it has a large rubber boot on it, not sure if that's all the spacer I need for the bulb or not. Like I said the instructions are crappy.

thanks in advance jt

Check out the HID install thread pinned in the gen II section. You may need to trim the bulb to fit as I did to get it to fit properly. It may lend you some insight.
Not sure of the quality of the product you bought but for the money I spent with DDM, I'm extremely happy and their bulbs are warranted for life.
Good luck. You could always return the ones you have and go with the DDM which are tried and true.

The bulb was not making good contact with the spring clip. I used two 3/4" rubber washers to act as a spacer seems to be a good fit. Now I just have to get going on the rest will try to post pics of the harness here in a bit.

Okay I tested the bulb last night and everything was fine. Tonite I'm bolting everything together so take it for a drive and my wife asks to see the lights on. Turn the key and it only clicks. Start pulling the plastics away and unhook the guages again to check the connection all looks good still only clicks and tries to come on.
So is it the ballast the battery (new in April) or some little quirk that you all are accustomed to????
Thanks in advance signed wanna go ride in the dark but can't see.

What only clicks.. the bike? Well does the bike still start? Wish you would have went ddm.. My install was almost flawless and only reason I didn't have it back together in one day was because I had put some LEDs on too and was waiting for some stuff to dry. But I think the install was all of 45 mins for both low and high.

If you went cheap you may have a bad ballast. I don't remember my ballast clicking though.

Another possibility is you have the polarity reversed. My brother had that issue, The light only worked for a few minutes then would not relight. He switched the polarity and has had no trouble since.

Another possibility is you need to have the bike started for the lights to run. Mine will not light both the high and low beam without the bike running. Still I don't know why you would want to do such a thing except for a demo.

@houstonbussa the light is trying to fire, so that is making the clicking sound

@majestic12 I'll try the polarity after I try one more time with the bike running at a smooth rpm
will update when I know more

Huh, check your connections before you remove everything:whistle:.
After I checked for it working the first time I started cleaning up the wiring, wrapped everything in split loom, taped it all up and it looked good :thumbsup:.
What I didn't know was one plug in connector had come loose inside my loom.

Oops too bad I had it all disassembled first... so when "it" don't work start with the basics and finish them all :rulez:.

I'll have it wrapped up tonight and be out for a test ride soooon.

Re: HID install help. DONE thanks all who helped

Bike is back together minus the chin skirt still need to check it at night for correct alignment.

So the Yana Shiki kit was good quality far as I know. I did bend the two spade ends a little so they fit more snug in the OEM plug and had to use a spacer (2 3/4" rubber washers )behind the bulb so it fit tightly.

Overall an easy to do install as ling as you're not tired when you start.

Back