sprockets

i believe that is more than two up in the rear! i think, not positive but i think stock is 17/40. i am sure someone will be here shortly to set me straight.

gen 1 is 17/40
gen 2 is 18/43
going down 1 in the front and up 2 in the back increases your gearing by about 5, and gives alot more bottom end. you'll lose some top speed, but you'll sure get there alot quicker.

I have an 01 and just got a 43 for my rear, so should i get a 16 for the front or is it gonna be ok with the 17 i have?

I have an 01 and just got a 43 for my rear, so should i get a 16 for the front or is it gonna be ok with the 17 i have?
3 up in back is pretty good gearing, it'll give you a big boost in acceleration without killing your gas mileage or making the engine real buzzy at highway speeds. I run 16/42 which is right on the edge of being to low for highway and longer distance riding. A 16/43 I think might be a little much for a highway bike. I'd keep your 17 on the front for a while and see how you like it :thumbsup:

I run 16:42. I do a lot of riding on twisty roads, so acceleration between corners is what I need. It runs fine on the highway, too. (Haven't found anything I can't out-accelerate.)

Back