NY - Bear Mountain Loop

CrotchRocket

Registered
Hey Guys,

I don't post much here but I enjoy reading everyone else's adventure on their busa so I decided to post pics of my 200 mile ride today. I don't get to ride out much due to family obligations but today was MY day :)

There are not a lot of twisties out where I live in Long Island so we usually ride to upstate NY to find some nice twisties and good scenery. It's a good 70 mile ride, where your scenery changes from the urban neighborhoods of NYC to the the tree lined Palisades parkway. There were several bikes at the top of the mountain ranging from sportsbikes to cruisers.

Enjoy!

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

027.jpg

033.jpg

038.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

My old neck of the woods! Rt.6 and RT. 210 back through to lake Sabago.
Haven't been up there since leaving NY back in 94'. Kinda miss it...
Thanks for sharing.

same here made the trip to bear mountain in 1997 left New York in December of 1998 for Florida, miss my hometown

Here's some more pics guys... We also stopped by Kensico Dam on our way back to Long Island via rt 202 and Taconic State Parkway. The best part of the trip back was Bronx River Parkway, the twists and turns for 6 miles are always enjoyable.

054.jpg

055.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

060.jpg

072.jpg

You should make the trip along the river to my Alma Matter. West Point is a beautiful stop if you are already in that neck of the woods. I'll be up there next year, for 3 years, so I'm excited to see some other riders are in the area.

Hey Guys,

I don't post much here but I enjoy reading everyone else's adventure on their busa so I decided to post pics of my 200 mile ride today. I don't get to ride out much due to family obligations but today was MY day :)

There are not a lot of twisties out where I live in Long Island so we usually ride to upstate NY to find some nice twisties and good scenery. It's a good 70 mile ride, where your scenery changes from the urban neighborhoods of NYC to the the tree lined Palisades parkway. There were several bikes at the top of the mountain ranging from sportsbikes to cruisers.

Enjoy!

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

nice pics!

riders should post more pics 5 miles or 5k miles doesnt matter! :beerchug:

Couldn't agree more.:beerchug:

Nice Pics, I actually did that ride last weekend with my wife along.... We make the day of it and stop for lunch at a nice place that offers a Sunday Jazz brunch...

Very cool..
:beerchug:

You should make the trip along the river to my Alma Matter. West Point is a beautiful stop if you are already in that neck of the woods. I'll be up there next year, for 3 years, so I'm excited to see some other riders are in the area.

I remember those days - but vaguely! :laugh: Are you going back as an instructor or TAC?

Back