Stock Fuel Pressures

65Cobra

Registered
The Service Manual for my 1999 Busa says to set fuel pressure to 43 psi with the key in the On position (not running).

Can someone tell me, once the above setting is made, what the proper fuel pressure readings should be with the bike running at idle under each of the following conditions...
(1) with the vacuum line still connected to the fuel pressure regulator
(2) with the vacuum line disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator and left unplugged
(3) with the vacuum line disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator and the vacuum leak plugged

I think the answers should be:
(1) 36 psi
(2) 43 psi
(3) 36 psi

Sounds like the measurements of a pregnant woman :whistle:

Also, the 1999-2000 models are the only ones with an external fuel pump, but I think something else changed around 2001-2003 that might not give the same answers... not really sure.

Thanks
Cobra

Last edited:
Re: Stock Fuel Pressures - Cancel

No longer need the information.... got my answers locally from a friend of a friend.

So what was the answer?

Sorry, I've been running up and down the stairs between the computer and the garage and kind of forgot to mention my figures were correct. Sometimes I just need a nudge :poke:

I guess if anyone happens to find anything different I'd be interested in knowing.

Cobra

Back