Pending death

Kainedogg

Registered
I work on an Army base and I have a few bikes I ride to work on any given day. A soldier asked me if I had any recommendations for a first bike. He had not taken the mandatory military riding course so I said get back to me after. He took it a few days ago and low-sided the Rebel 250 at 25mph. He passed the course though and now is ready to find his machine. I explained to him that my first bike was a an '01 GSXR 600 that served me well and allowed me to make mistakes that were not too costly. He nodded as we went over the list of low horsepower, old bikes he should consider. Just found out yesterday after seeing my '08 Orange & Black Busa (best color combo...EVER), he is "motivated" to buy a 2009. Now this is a senior NCO so I kind of figured he was open to reason. Thought I was clear on the importance of a nice starter bike...guess not. :banghead: I hope his errors are not costly at all. If so I have dibs on the fairings.

Lol!

Most soldiers I know are inveterate gamblers; why not start a pool on how long it'll be until he ends up in hospital?

Yeah, don't sound good. Hope he wears some Depends the first time out on it.!! :laugh:
Guess we'll see what happens, keep us posted.!!

My wifes's first bike that she bought was a hayabusa. She bought one after I had gotten mine. I taught her how to ride and she never laid it down and after a few months getting used to it...she would get on it a little (120 MPH)....I am a good teacher.....but women are easier to teach than men. US men we get a head on our shoulders that we will do what we want and get cocky ......women listen and go slow. Don't beat yourself over it.....maybe you can ask him to ride with you...so you can show him some pointers......going this route does save money. Many people will buy a 600 and sell it 6 months later and get a bigger bike and usually will lose out on the money they paid. Look at the things that you can show him. If he will listen...than you can help him.

I agree with you even though I DIDN'T follow that advice.

I started on a 38Hp Ninja 250 for 6 months and then jumped straight to a 150Hp CBR1100xx. It was probably not the smartest thing to do even though I have never had any problems. The one piece of advice that proved invaluable to me in that transition was that I should keep the revs below 5000 RPM for at least a few weeks till I had some saddle time.

Like a crack adict of course now I'm hooked :mwink: . . . I hear my Blackbird and Busa calling to me when I sleep :laugh:

Last edited:
I can see where this is heading....too much testosterone I hope he can maintain a cool head.

I work on an Army base and I have a few bikes I ride to work on any given day. A soldier asked me if I had any recommendations for a first bike. He had not taken the mandatory military riding course so I said get back to me after. He took it a few days ago and low-sided the Rebel 250 at 25mph. He passed the course though and now is ready to find his machine. I explained to him that my first bike was a an '01 GSXR 600 that served me well and allowed me to make mistakes that were not too costly. He nodded as we went over the list of low horsepower, old bikes he should consider. Just found out yesterday after seeing my '08 Orange & Black Busa (best color combo...EVER), he is "motivated" to buy a 2009. Now this is a senior NCO so I kind of figured he was open to reason. Thought I was clear on the importance of a nice starter bike...guess not. :banghead: I hope his errors are not costly at all. If so I have dibs on the fairings.

You know...you can only advise...I HAVE had friends who have started COMPLETELY on a Busa...2 of them are incredible riders and never had an issue or accident directly related to thier inexperince...the others have...judging from what happened to him...bad move...maybe he makes it an who knows...but...bad moves...prolly...

I started when I was 16 on an 1100 as my first bike so I am not going to say anything...i did the same....it was a 90 GSXr but still the same deal.

Hopefully he comes to reason....I would have the title changed...it is very misleading

Last edited:
I don't think the title is misleading at all. - That guy is going to die, hence, the title is completely accurate.

Forgive me if the title is bordering on sensationalism. I work in the DALT and I watch CNN against my will 9hrs a day. The "pending" suggests he is in a situation where death may result and the forces of good are not on his side. :beerchug:

Forgive me if the title is bordering on sensationalism. I work in the DALT and I watch CNN against my will 9hrs a day. The "pending" suggests he is in a situation where death may result and the forces of good are not on his side. :beerchug:

:rofl::rofl:CNN for 9 hours...i totally forgive you :thumbsup:

you know its hard to say what could happen, some people are born to ride others arent so lucky, everyday is a learning process tho, i just hope he takes it easy for a while and has repsect for the machine...

Depends on his maturity level when he's in the saddle. I learned on a ZX11 and a Busa was my first bike. I respected the power and kept a cool head. That along with the good Lord's blessing and I haven't done myself in....so far so good.

However, some people must learn lessons the hard way. Let's hope he isn't one of them.

Man alot of yall are trippin on here, passing judgement just because having an 87 octane rocket as a first bike dont mean u are gonna mess up and crash, I am 32 very responsible and intellectual and I have had my busa as a 1st bike for 5 months now, its not that hard to ride with common sense .I dont jump into deep water situations not knowing how to swim.. Actually reading all the comments on here kinda made me more insecure riding it than going with a clear mind.. Not all men are idiots, and its not rocket science to ride a fast bike, to me its all about throttle control and body form on twisties.. I think I'm actually blessed to be able to afford a busa as a 1st bike and not have a lighter slower bike to learn from.. But to each his own... But u cant tell me nothing cuz imma do me regardless.. I have gotten to 180 at about 9k rpm on the highway late at night and i can tell u it is an awesome thing, but rare. I wont be wot all the time like that, but it was nice to see what she could do. Im pretty sure 90% are gonna bash my comments but its the truth, only god can judge u so try not to pass that on to anyone because each man is different his reasoning capabilities are also. god bless yall have a great day.:cheerleader::thumbsup::moon::lol:

Man alot of yall are trippin on here, passing judgement just because having an 87 octane rocket as a first bike dont mean u are gonna mess up and crash, I am 32 very responsible and intellectual and I have had my busa as a 1st bike for 5 months now, its not that hard to ride with common sense .I dont jump into deep water situations not knowing how to swim.. Actually reading all the comments on here kinda made me more insecure riding it than going with a clear mind.. Not all men are idiots, and its not rocket science to ride a fast bike, to me its all about throttle control and body form on twisties.. I think I'm actually blessed to be able to afford a busa as a 1st bike and not have a lighter slower bike to learn from.. But to each his own... But u cant tell me nothing cuz imma do me regardless.. I have gotten to 180 at about 9k rpm on the highway late at night and i can tell u it is an awesome thing, but rare. I wont be wot all the time like that, but it was nice to see what she could do. Im pretty sure 90% are gonna bash my comments but its the truth, only god can judge u so try not to pass that on to anyone because each man is different his reasoning capabilities are also. god bless yall have a great day.:cheerleader::thumbsup::moon::lol:

+1 Doesn't matter if it's a 250 or 1300, either will kill you with poor judgement, of course it's just easier to do on a bigger bike:laugh:
I wouldn't recomend a Busa for a beginer, but again, that's a personal choice.
I have a good friend whose 1st bike back in 06 was a new GSXR1000. Within 3 months he could ride circles around some of the best riders I've seen. He still can, and minus one stoppie gone bad:laugh:, he's never crashed. Haters:moon:

Back