Loring Timing Association Event

Bruce Bell

Registered
Just got home from LTA, had a great time. Met some of the members from the site, all great people. Lots of speed freaks, and they came to the right place. The runs were delayed several times cause Mr. Moose who wanted to watch from on the track. The fire dept. had to put the fire hose on him to stay away. That was worth the ticket alone. You guys that didn't make it missed some beautiful/fast busas and also some really fast Kawasakis. I took lots of picture I'll post later.

Here's some pics

100_0356.jpg

100_0360.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0345.jpg

That's awesome, glad you had a good time and thanks for the pics. I can't wait for October to roll around, if all goes as planned I'll be at the Texas Mile. I'm about to go see if times were posted on the website! :beerchug:

Is that Greg on the 14 ? Where is this at ?

What kind of times do the 1k's put down compared to the Busa's & 14's ? or is this a TOP SPEED thing, if so same question ? Didn't know you would be given a quiz, huh ?

Is that Greg on the 14 ? Where is this at ?

What kind of times do the 1k's put down compared to the Busa's & 14's ? or is this a TOP SPEED thing, if so same question ? Didn't know you would be given a quiz, huh ?

It was at the Loring timing ass event in Maine this past weekend!

The Guthrie team pulled out a few of the bikes. Crazy man Dr. Dean rode the hammer2 to a speed of 267 or so. :thumbsup:

Wild Bill pulled out a 273 something but lost a gasket. :thumbsup:
Ricky Gadson brought out a team green kawi and blasted to a 217 before a rod let go. :thumbsup:

One thing I really like about this event is some of the really nice looking "old skool" bikes and cars. They've got some really nice lookers. :bowdown:

Loting is the only paved track that's 1.5 miles. The shutdown is something like an additional .9 miles.

Maxton, Texas, and Florida are all 1 mile.

Very nice pics... :thumbsup:

Does anyone have anymore results and did anyone else from this site race and what did you run?

So Loring is a 1.5 mile track? or is it 1 mile and a half mile of shut down?

It's the next event we need to attend... :thumbsup:

1.5-mile accel and .9-mile of braking... :bowdown:

Add another 6-8mph onto what you ran at Texas for estimates... ;)

I've got two complaints: No programs to know who's running and the intercom system sucks. May as well not have anything at all. Very frustrating to hear what the last run was when the next run is revving up for his run.

LSR events aren't the most popular events to attend for the general public so there has been little focus on the methods of communication for the spectaters. I agree it would be a big plus. It's difficult for even the teams to stay in contact between the start line/pit/timming table/long shut off.

Texas has a big sign to display the speed.
Maxton has cb's with speakers setup to hear what's going on.

I keep telling them they need to get a jumbo tron and some camera men in for teh events. No one wants to even think about the costs. :laugh:

I've got two complaints: No programs to know who's running and the intercom system sucks. May as well not have anything at all. Very frustrating to hear what the last run was when the next run is revving up for his run.

It's the next event we need to attend... :thumbsup:

1.5-mile accel and .9-mile of braking... :bowdown:

Add another 6-8mph onto what you ran at Texas for estimates... ;)

That sounds like a plan to me. I'm sure another half mile goes by rather quickly once your already running 195+ but I bet I could get my 200 out of it. May have to look into that Tiger Racing Fender! Thats a long ways to travel but I might really start looking at making a trip up there before too long.

I would like to know some more of the race results too if anyone has any? There wasn't any on their website yet.

Back