3 SoCal Hoons are now proud members of the Iron Butt Association !!!

kromdom

wannabe HOON
Donating Member
Registered
I have been wanting to do one since I started riding back in the late 80's. theskaz (Keven) attempted to do one recently and has been wanting to try again. carlsbadbusa (Carlos) has been itching to go for a ride ever since he got back from the sandbox. Here's the thread that started it: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1713076

So after 15 hours and over 1,000 miles later, we have joined the ranks of the Saddlesore 1000: SaddleSore 1000/Bun Burner 1500 Rules
Ride details: kicked off at 0500, 01 AUG and ended around 0100, 02AUG. Started and ended in Oceanside, CA (turnaround point was Petaluma, CA)

Special thanks to PandaNin (Don) and his daughter for taking time out of their weekend to join us for lunch and joining us for a portion of the ride back home. This is truly a memorable experience and huge thanks to Kev and Carlos for taking me along with them.

Now enough with the chatter, here are some pics.
1. First one is my "gear list:" wet weather gear, water and granola bars (plus some small miscellaneous crap).
2. The three of us topping off the tanks before heading out at 0500 sharp (Carlos did a splendid job with mission planning: route, gas stops, timelines).
3. First stop in Los Angeles, CA for gas: still fresh and giddy
4. Place where we rendezvoused with PandaNin for lunch. Pic thru the glass. My lunch (kept it lite, still 7-hour ride home ahead of us) Bikes parked right outside the restaurant.
5. The Golden Gate Bridge (half of the ride is over and done with...whew!)
6. Carlos with the GGB in the background, then moi
7. The THREE AMIGOS (still smiling, clueless of the pain and suffering that the ride home would bring us)
8. Parking was insane, good thing PandaNin snagged one for us and had his daughter (with green helmet) guard it for us.
9. Stiff, sore, hungry, weary but proud and victorious....at the same gas station where we assembled 15 hours ago.

P.S. For the record, I bought saddlebags and a tail bag for the trip...of course, it did not arrive till today (02AUG). So had to suck it up and used a backpack and tank bag

Carlos, Kev and Don will be along shortly with more pictures!

100_0695.jpg

100_0696.jpg

100_0698.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0708.jpg

100_0709.jpg

100_0710.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0712.jpg

100_0713.jpg

100_0714.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0716.jpg

100_0717.jpg

Last edited:
Im not smiling in any of those....

ill post my pics and vid as soon as i get them done.

Welcome to the club. I did one 7-24-10. Roseville CA to Wendover UT and back in a day. Local Beemer club set it up so we didn't have to save gas receipts. Signed us in at Roseville at 430 am, had a guy at the turn around in Wendover that signed us in, got there around noon, then signed us back out again in Roseville about 730 pm. Hauled serious azz across the NV desert. The Beemer guys do them often and say that it takes 2 to 3 months to get the pin and Certificate (suitable for framing) from the IBA.

Congrats, guys. Well done.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I can't wait to do another one of those rides.:laugh:

Congrat's guys. Looking at doing the border to border with my friends from Vegas. Need to redo my seat with memory foam like my CBR. The long rides were really comfortable.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

SoCalHoons...every one of them.

Nice work, gents! :beerchug:

That is one Good Looking Crew right there Braw! :bowdown:
Iron butts from SoCal! yipeeee! :beerchug:

Hope you are up for some more!

Bubba

You guys ROCK!!! What a sweet ride you all had planned! CONGRATS YA HOONS!!!!!

I am jealous! There is NO WAY I could do that right now. I rode a simple 260 on Sat and my arse is STILL hurting. Now my passenger is still complaining about it also, so Im not alone.

You guys ROCK!!! What a sweet ride you all had planned! CONGRATS YA HOONS!!!!!

I am jealous! There is NO WAY I could do that right now. I rode a simple 260 on Sat and my arse is STILL hurting. Now my passenger is still complaining about it also, so Im not alone.

I am calling :bs: here. I know the miles you can put on (And off) J/K, Don't know bout the Pillion, but you can out ride us all in a day, I am sure!:beerchug:

Back