Securing helmet to tail

surt

Registered
Small question, but it nags at me...
I've never found a method I can use to secure a helmet to the tail of the bike on my way to pick someone up...anyone have any bright practical ideas?

Because the helmet is rounded it makes it hard to secure...

Small question, but it nags at me...
I've never found a method I can use to secure a helmet to the tail of the bike on my way to pick someone up...anyone have any bright practical ideas?

Because the helmet is rounded it makes it hard to secure...

I use a bungee net all the time and never have a problem. It has three hooks on each side and is about 1' x 1.5' rectangle.
Bubba

I have just hung it from the helmet lock before. It will wear on the paint if you're travelling very far though.

I've done both of the above.

For a quick trip, I'll just hang it from the helmet hook. Otherwise, bungie net...

I made a strap extension from an old helmet. Just a straight starp with the D rings. Strap it together like normal, only run the strap under the passenger seat and pull it tight, lock the seat in place. Now the helmet looks as if it's just sitting there, and it's fastened under the seat so it can't be stolen.
I was actually gonna buy a roll of material and a box of D rings and see if i could sell em for $5 a piece on eBay:laugh: Hey, it works.

I made a strap extension from an old helmet. Just a straight starp with the D rings. Strap it together like normal, only run the strap under the passenger seat and pull it tight, lock the seat in place. Now the helmet looks as if it's just sitting there, and it's fastened under the seat so it can't be stolen.
I was actually gonna buy a roll of material and a box of D rings and see if i could sell em for $5 a piece on eBay:laugh: Hey, it works.

Outstanding!!!:bowdown:

Idea stolen, just one for personal use:thumbsup:

Back