Riding with lace up boots.

shadetree57

Registered
As I was leaving my driveway this morning headed to work I had a minor problem that could have turned into a major one. When I lifted my feet to put them on the pegs my shoelace got caught on the peg under the footpeg. I forget what they're called but I finally worked it loose. I got a little panicy but all ended well. Now I see why riding boots should not be lace ups. I normally ride with slip on boots but my work boots are laceups. Everyone be carefull with your laceup shoes and boots.

When riding with laces I always pull the loops as large as possible and tuck them in my shoes.

Never tie double knots, if they get caught on the pegs you won't be able to kick them loose and may not be able to put your foot on the ground. It could turn ugly real fast.
Posted via Mobile Device

When I wear my work type boots on my cruiser, I wrap the shoe laces around the top of the boot, and tie as small of a bow as I can, then pull my jeans over the boots.:thumbsup:

Take the laces and thread them under first crossover over you toes .
Pull them tight and that won't happen .

it is a weird feeling though when you get to the stop light and your foot wont go down...happened to me before..now i double and triple tie the laces to shorten them..

I use to ride with my Jump Boots, until I stopped one day and saw that the laces were hanging on the ground :laugh:

Man, what a BAD Day I could have had; as in:

:welcome: to the Broken Leg and Butt Hospital :rofl:

Yep, feel over at a stop sign once, lace got caught on the shifter when I tried to put my foot down. I was off balance and headed down when I jerked it loose.

Foot peg? How about the chain and rear sprocket?

That would be nasty.

cheers
ken

On wordays when i ride im in camis with my boots and they are lace ups. I tuck my laces in the top of the boot so it never gets caught. Works out good :thumbsup: well.... i have to tuck them in really... not my idea :laugh:

yep learned that lesson also a few years ago, now i tuck them in and recheck all the time while i'm riding.

neither do mine :whistle: i was on the way to the river

buellpegs.jpg

Go to a sporting goods store and get a couple lace covers. They are large "rubber bands" that you slide over cleats, etc. to keep the laces from flopping around and coming untied. My kids wear 'em on their soccer cleats.

Go to a sporting goods store and get a couple lace covers. They are large "rubber bands" that you slide over cleats, etc. to keep the laces from flopping around and coming untied. My kids wear 'em on their soccer cleats.

That's an excellent idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...that would probably freak me out some. However, my riding shoes lace up...but then they have a nice velcro cover over the top part of the laces so that doesn't happen.

Back