New tire pressure monitoring system

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay so it came in today and I mounted it up.. Haven't had a chance to run it down the street but it seems pretty straight forward.

Here are some pics....

When things are as they should be and your tire pressure is as programmed you get this screen.

1.jpg

If you push the P button on the screen the display will show the actual pressures of the front and back for 3 seconds each for a time period of 30 seconds then goes back to the main screen.
2.jpg

You can see from the left which tire is being reported....
3.jpg

Where I mounted the display... There is a really neat backlight too.... Waterproof and easy to see.... There is a remote alert LED that is very bright that I did not connect. The white area on the front flashes red if there is an alert... so far so good...

cap
4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Where do the sensors go? I assume on the valve stems. Do you have rubber valve stems or metal? Does the bike need to move in order to see the pressure? Does it show the termperature? What's the price? What kind of battery in the sensor, and how long the battery lasts?
:whistle:

Where do the sensors go? I assume on the valve stems. Do you have rubber valve stems or metal? Does the bike need to move in order to see the pressure? Does it show the termperature? What's the price? What kind of battery in the sensor, and how long the battery lasts?

I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant handle the pressure! aaahhhhhhgggggggggg

The system comes with straight or 90 degree stems... You can put the sensors on the outside of the rim or you can mount them on the inside of the tire. You can put them on rubber stems but they reccommend the metal (hence the reason they sell them with the set). It will alarm on catastrophic heat but not monitor since your not really sensing the tire temp but the air inside... The price is about 199.00 and the sensors are supposed to last for 5 - 7 years when you need new ones they list for about 35.00

cap

Thanks cap. Something to keep in mind. I still have my SmarTire working and even have a spare set, but you never know when you need a good replacement. Please keep us posted how it performs.:thumbsup:

Back