Gen 1 Tail light housing removal

moloko

Banned
I want to remove the entire housing so I can cut out the box underneath of it that holds the plate light. Is there more than just the one screw in the center holding it in? Obviously because mine won't come out.

I find it incredibly short sighted that they would require you to remove the entire tail section to get this off.. so I drilled a hole in the plastic (trunk area) behind that center screw to get it out.

What else is holding this in?

Did multiple searches, couldn't find anything.

At least in my expirience, you have to remove the tail section. Its just a few bolts and plastic rivets.

I find it incredibly short sighted that they would require you to remove the entire tail section to get this off

You must be new to the finer points of Japanese engineering. In most cases of part removal or access you must remove several other parts to complete the task. :laugh:

Yeah.. well I took the rear section off, and got the other 2 screws, I'm going to mark up where they are inside my trunk area and drill it out, in case I want to take it out again. Not that taking the rear section is difficult, only took a few minuites.

Back