Why does my front tire wear more on the left side?

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Before you answer, read this link. Then feel free to explain why your original explanation is correct and the information in the link is wrong. :laugh:

Motorcycle Tire Wear

cheers
ken

ill read the link on my lunch break but my guess has always been the slope of the road from center to the shoulder. Hopefully I am right lol

ill read the link on my lunch break but my guess has always been the slope of the road from center to the shoulder. Hopefully I am right lol

Exactly my thoughts. I don't believe for one minute that the left hand turns has that much to do with it. Slope in the road for sure.

Before you answer, read this link. Then feel free to explain why your original explanation is correct and the information in the link is wrong. :laugh:

Motorcycle Tire Wear

cheers
ken

It's real simple. You hurt your right butt cheek in the hunting accident and as a result can't sit on it. So, when you ride, you move your butt to the right so that your hurt butt cheek is hanging in the air. As a result of your weight shift to the right, the motorcycle is always leaned a little to the left. This causes the left side of the front tire to be worn more than the right side. :moon: :rofl:

i thought it was the crown in the road. i am still not convinced. from now on i am riding on the left side of the road and going to see what happens.:laugh:

cant say i agree with this, using this logic the tires on the right side of my car should wear more because they would travel further on a left hand turn, be loaded more etc etc

Back