Stock vs aftermarket exhaust

busakidaz

Registered
Are all aftermarket exhaust going to be louder than the stock exhaust? The stock exhaust is pretty loud as is and I don't want it to be any louder but would like just a little more power.

power + performance= i can here you from a mile away?

Check manufacturers websites, most post the decibel ratings of all their exhausts. There are many aftermarket systems that are very quite, and most are only noticeably louder under load at high rpm's.

Louder, YES, how much, well that depends. My Yoshi's are louder (not by much) and different. Which to many don't seem any louder than Stock. You can go from LOUD (unbareable) to mellow and stock like. Just depends on who's system you buy. For me, the Yoshimura's have a great sound and are NOT loud :beerchug:

The general rule (or so I've been told) is, the shorter the pipe, the louder.

^this, full length silencer systems are much quieter than any shorty setup. no matter what though anything you buy aftermarket is gonna be somewhat louder.

My Ti force exhaust is very quiet, full duals 480mm carbon cans, good deep rumble, very good performance and only weighs 6.5 kilos(14.5lbs.) :thumbsup:

Back