Stock Exhaust Mod!!

busa142

Registered
I had read o the board about several members do the stock exhaust mod. This is how I done mine, it sounds good and free. Low deep rumble... I like it

PICT0035.JPG

All Done, Total of about 20 minutes. Hope this helps for anyone thinking about doing this mod...

All Done, Total of about 20 minutes. Hope this helps for anyone thinking about doing this mod...

PICT0041.JPG

I used a dremel with a cutoff wheel to cut the welds on the chrome cap. When they are reinstalled you have to look real close to see that they are cut. I am not going to say this mod is going to give you more HP, but I think it sounds alot better than stock...
biggrin.gif

Looks like good work...glad it worked out for you. I could have used the $800 I spent for my D&D for something else...
Ride safe...

and your not having problems with backfiring around the heads ?

a couple of us have done those mods and the random backfiring is a common after effect.......i'm going in tonight and closing off 3 of the holes in the rear of each can to try to keep some of the nice sound and safe my head gaskets.......

Looks like good work...
butt it isn't. Its actually crap . Backfires , some of you found.....DUH.

you've just altered the way the motor runs in the "wORLDS FAStEST PRODUCTIOn VEHICLE.

BUTT please dont take my word for it....hire the boy from Kansas as yer tech.

hee heee heeee.

There's a newbie born every minute.

That why I'm PRO ABORTION .

hav a less than stoopid 1.....RSD.

and your not having problems with backfiring around the heads ?

a couple of us have done those mods and the random backfiring is a common after effect.......i'm going in tonight and closing off 3 of the holes in the rear of each can to try to keep some of the nice sound and safe my head gaskets.......
Maybe try removing the pair valve...

Hey buddy, seems like a pretty good idea or try. One thing you probably didn't think about. t
The holes you drilled in the pipe, when you put the beauty ring back on, all you did was just cover the holes back up. In doing it that way you open the bike up to potential backfires, because you are building up back pressure which in turn can damage you head gaskets. Your idea is alright, but you need to go further in completing the job.???

Hey buddy, seems like a pretty good idea or try.  One thing you probably didn't think about.  t
The holes you drilled in the pipe, when you put the beauty ring back on, all you did was just cover the holes back up. In doing it that way you open the bike up to potential backfires, because you are building up back pressure which in turn can damage you head gaskets. Your idea is alright, but you need to go further in completing the job.???
You know I was thinking the same exact thing Highbusa. Maybe if the holes were drilled in the cap also, then maybe you've got something. But even still, there's no match to just purchasing some slip-ons or a full exhaust. My recommendation would be to go with a full exhaust in the beginning. May cost a little more, but it's almost guaranteed that you will eventually switch from bolt-ons to a full exhaust.

Brian

Well, Lets see, I've had my busa with this mod done to it for about 5 months, and I've never had a problem with backfiring, or anything but more power and much much throater sound. Nothing sounds like it does with no exhaust though, gosh get some freak'n ear plugs for that crap.
rock.gif

busa_frontal.JPG

Hey guys, I performed this mod on my bike and it sounds pretty good. Im the nerdy type, so afterwards I took it to a motorcycle shop, and the tech there advised me that all I did was allow a little bit more air flow, and that this would not alter the bikes performance. He advised that I could have just cut the exhaust extension off and cut a larger hole between the screw ends. So stop worrying

I did three holes in the rear,and I pulled the cans off and drilled four holes with a long drill bit on the inside to flow more past the internal baffle sounds better than Yoshimira slip-ons according to some of my buddys and did not cost anything. Oh no backfires at all,runs better and sounds good to me!!! and if I like it that is all that matters......
poke.gif
guns.gif

Back