Heartland Park Pics and Video 7/25/2010

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
GSXcite, Omslaw, and I ran in the Intermediate group at Heartland Park. We had a couple of track newbies there as well including moloko who put a knee down in novice. A great time was had by all.

You can view the album here:

Dennis Heidler's Photos - Team Hayabusa | Facebook

and here are a few highlights

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Wish I'd stayed in KS a bit longer; looks like fun!!! Glad everyone had a good time and made it home safely :)

Learned a lot yesterday, feel like a much more competent rider than I was before the experience.

Learned that I'm way slow, but being the fastest guy in my group wasn't what I was going for. I was trying to be smoother through the corners and not ride over my head.

Also learned that I should look into getting my suspension set up properly.

Was trying to be courteous in the straights and let people around... If I could hear someone in the corners behind me, I know I'm not the fastest through the corners and the track is pretty curvy so I'd just be holding them up, I'd try to not throttle it really hard in the straight so they could get around me... cuz well... I don't think they'd be passing me in the straights if I don't let them. :laugh:

Was a GREAT time. Scraped my knee puck through a corner on the second session I think, and couldn't get it back down the rest of the day... oh well.

I've got some go pro vid, but... heh, it's kinda boring to watch. Maybe I'll make a short vid and include all my OH ^%$ moments. Some corners sneaking up on me, The time where I forgot where I was on the track and mistook the short straight for the long one :whistle: and the sliding around the corner fun, tire grabs and images of high side internet videos stream through my brain.

I t was great meeting you yesterday moloko. Sorry I didn't get any pics of you. When novice was on the track, I was in the garage sucking wind and chugging water. I know Hal got some of you to post up.

No. I would have liked to have a GoPro on the helmet mount too, but alas, I only had 2 with me :cry:

Oh well, it's only another $250 :)

I found that, using a mount on my helmet, that the camera is so high that it loses the ground effect....

Oh well, it's only another $250 :)

I found that, using a mount on my helmet, that the camera is so high that it loses the ground effect....

Its a nice alternate angle to have, but I agree with you as far as using it for the only angle.

glad you guys had a great time, wish i hadn't had to work so i could have joined in! :beerchug:

I had a great time with y'all! Hopefully my kids didn't bug y'all too much! LOL

Good meeting ya, Steve! My Son took some pics on my camera - I need to download them and see how they came out...

Looks like a great time! :thumbsup: And moloko, don't worry about your speed. Everyone here was a novice track rider at some point in there life. Trick is to learn, then go fast... :race:

1st want to thank Hal for letting me put my little bike in his rig and hauling my novice behind to the track for the first time......I'm already planning my next trackday.

It was great meeting all....Dennis and family, Omar and his kids(well behaved by the way), and my fellow track newb Steve.

Look forward to many more riding experiences and good times......and a squid riding a GSXR1000 is now lurking on the board. :laugh:

Thanks all...........Dave

Back