how low on street

trevor

Registered
Just got a new upper handlebar holder( upper tree), Says i can lower 3/4 inch. Would 3/4 down in the front and 1 1/2 down in rear work good on the street? Or should i just put the front down?

If anyone is running lowered on the street, please give some feedback !:beerchug:

Last edited:
I lowered mine 1.25 in front and almost 2 in back.... for a while. It was fun but it dragged all over the place. The roads are too rough around here (Ontario, Canada). I put it back up when I installed a HotBodies undertray and hugger.

Yeah, im from Nova Scotia Canada. Pretty rough roads here too. Just looks like the fork tubes wanna come up a bit now . Mabey even 1/2 inch , just to flush w top of tree

Last edited:
Wow Im feeling for you guys in Canada, Your roads must really be bad. Im lowered 1" in the front and 1 in the back and I have no problems unless im going over a speed bump.

Mine's lowered 2" f/r and I love it. Got it done last March and my only complain is the first time I went over a speed bump. Did it a little too fast and it scraped. Never happened again after that.
The way mine done was the fork was sent out to Traxxion Dynamics where they cut the springs, re-valved and re-sprung it according to my weight and riding style. Then, they tuned it on the suspension dyno. The rear was lowered using Brock's dog bone and the rear shock was also tuned to match the fork.
I really love the feel of it cruising down the highway. It's very sporty and comfy at the same time. I've put probably around 5,000 miles since lowering it and never had any issues with it. I don't do twisties so I can't comment on that.
I love the way it looks, too. Looks really mean.
Also, it helps a lot when you try to back out of a parking space. I'm 5'10" and I can flat foot it before but now, it makes it a lot easier to move it around. Before, it felt like you're moving a tank. Now with its lower center of gravity, it feels lighter.
4716850633_0af76cda38_b.jpg

A better view of the front end.
4711579614_48ea696b22_b.jpg

Another front view
4611620567_f53137dd0a_b.jpg

Left Side
4591226307_ef7fb36448_b.jpg

Last edited:
I had mine lowered for about a month. 2" rear, 1.5" front. I couldn't take it anymore, it scraped on speedbumps, regular bumps with a passenger, and my feet dragged everywhere while cornering- especially lower speed stuff. It was great for keeping the front end down, but was too much of a tradeoff for me as I ride through a park every day with fantastic sweeping turns, and was sick of scuffing my shoes. :D

I'm lowered 3 or so in the rear, cut forks 1.75 and slid up 1.25 in the front. But that's with a sidewinder and cut oil pan and bodywork. It will drag the kickstand and pipe if I get aggressive turning it, or w my girl on the back, but in general its not bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine's lowered 2" f/r and I love it. Then, they tuned it on the suspension dyno.

Please post up a photo of this "Suspension Dyno" owned and operated by Traxxion Dynamics. I'm sure it's unique, a "One of a Kind" so to speak? :cheerleader:

Just got a new upper handlebar holder( upper tree), Says i can lower 3/4 inch. Would 3/4 down in the front and 1 1/2 down in rear work good on the street? Or should i just put the front down?

If anyone is running lowered on the street, please give some feedback !:beerchug:

that is where im at. my bike is stretched some the rear is setup diff from factory but to give an idea..

DSC01221.jpg

Back