i got a dilemma...

06dream

Registered
I got a problem that i've come up against, perhaps some of you wise fella's can help me out... :) I have a '09 Bandit 1250 with the factory fairings and bags, love the bike, smooth power, decent comfort, great value. This spring i came upon a 2006 Busa with only 400 miles on it, snatched it up and it exceeded my expectations. Its got power you can only dream of, pretty durned comfortable, and smoking hot!!! I've also just placed an order with Twisted Throttle for a hard bag kit to use the Busa for touring as well.

I've been thinking hard about a 2011 Busa, but i don't know what to do. Here's the options i've presented myself with, what would you do?
1) Trade/sell both current units, they have low miles (kms), mint, mint shape, get a 2011 Busa and kit it for touring
2) sell/trade the Bandit, keep the '06 Busa for touring and get a 2011 Busa for show,
3) sell/trade the bandit, keep the '06 Busa and get a 2011 Gixxer1k
4) keep everything i got and get a M109R...
5) keep what i got and buy a new truck...

Sheesh... decisions, decisions...

I'm a suzuki loyalist, so the beemer 1k isn't an option... :)

thanks for your help

Mate, you've already got a Busa with super-low km's on it. Keep that and don't blow $$$ getting another one. Spend the money on doing up your current Busa for touring. - Heated grips, HeliBars, airhorn, HID kit, touring screen, custom seat, Buell pegs, etc.

I dont really know if its a problem to have:laugh:

I was going to get a 2011 busa, but since already have a 08 busa and 08 bking I figured that was good enough and just bought a new truck last week.

2010 Toyoto Tundra V-8, talk about a machine:thumbsup:

so my 2 cents is get a new truck.:thumbsup:

i'm probably feeling strongest about having 2 busa's in the stable... gen1 and gen2. I rode a Gixxer1k a while back and that could be a real fun bike in town...albeit probably not wise for keeping my license... :)

well as stated you have 2 nice bikes already, do you need a truck? is your primary transportation on the way out ? or you could split it figure a new truck is like 35-40 buy the new busa and the difference will be the truck in a used version

primary transportation is my truck. I'm a contractor, have an '08 F150, tough as dirt. worked hard since day 0 and never gives me grief. Only reason I'm considering the new truck is that I'm in the middle of doing a mansion for the owner of the local dealer...

I would get a new 11 busa for show, keep both bikes, add an m109 and get a new truck.:whistle:

I would get a new 11 busa for show, keep both bikes, add an m109 and get a new truck.:whistle:

wow...by far the best suggestion yet!! :) I'm thinking the bandit will go regardless. The truck will remain the same, toss up between the '11 busa, '11 M109r, or '11 gixxer1k... :)

Never sell a bike to get a bike, or truck or whatever. Just build a bigger garage! :thumbsup:

I would sell the Bandit and buy a brand new 1k Gixxer or a 109. Whichever one you fancy more.

wow... many good suggestions. i just took the bandit for a 250km ride, confirming that its not a keeper. awesome bike, but it has some comfort issues that don't fit me. so, it'll be down to '11 busa, '11 gixxer, or '11 M109r...truck is no longer in the equation... :)

Back