pulling the transmission out

jch364

Registered
well my transmission is now slipping. a byproduct of drag racing as i am told. So a wonderful friend of mine, who I am going to owe so freaking huge, is getting the parts ordered and he and i are going to getter fixed. going to have it back cut as well. I guess its common when you drag race. Oh well. Hey i got 42k out of it..... hopefully ill be back on the strip in a cpl of weeks. Im kinda looking forward to getting inside that motor a little bit and see what it looks like. Thank God my friend knows what to do. Dont know were I would be with out him.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

remember... you dont have to get in to the upper to crack the cases.

...and dont forget to put the bolt under the crank balancer back in before closing it up.:whistle:

Nothin like a friend who has some knowledge....if nothing else u will have an adventure and learn alot....good luck to ya

remember... you dont have to get in to the upper to crack the cases.

...and dont forget to put the bolt under the crank balancer back in before closing it up.:whistle:

LOL i know what your talking about! :whistle:

well we got the engine apart. here are some pics. it was very very clean inside. i was pleased. decided to get the 2 shift rods replaced as they were bent just a tad. replacing with brocks. also since im here im replacing the lower bearings, oil pump and oil pick up. that along with the original idea of replacing 1 and second gear and the shift forks. it really is cool to get a look inside:thumbsup:

downsized_0802001832.jpg

downsized_0802001833(2).jpg

downsized_0802001833b.jpg

downsized_0802001833a.jpg

Well since we had the engine out we decided to degree the cams and mill the head and put a man cam on it. this this is really gonna rock. ill post up some picks when we tear that apart

its a slow process. lower and upper bearings are done. we didnt realize that we were missing a shift fork so its on order and we are waiting on that. we did the plasti gauge and its right on target within specs. It was kinda cool that i got to see the piston walls. you could still see the crisscross marks of the honing. it really is fascinating to see all of this. cant wait to get it finished. with all the work done with the degreeing of the cams and the head milling it should really put some power out...
ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO CRAIG AND THE CREW AT

EPC:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

AND YES, GAGA IS PLEASED:laugh:

0816001415.jpg

downsized_0816001617.jpg

downsized_0816001617a.jpg

downsized_0816001617c.jpg

471.jpg

second gear, right? damn second gear. mine's going out already, and i'm at less than 5k miles.

I hope if i ever have to get this done,that there is someone close to me that can help that knows how to do it for beer and bbq :beerchug:!!

new update. pulled the head off and getting ready to send it off to get milled. here are some pics

downsized_0913001200.jpg

downsized_0913001201.jpg

downsized_0913001235a.jpg

downsized_0913001235(2).jpg

I swapping out my tranny right now too... Best of luck to you, but it looks like it's going well for you!

:beerchug:

the head should be back tommorrow and we can continue.... you know i noticed when we pulled the motor that there was a small leak in the valve cover gasket. you could only tell cause it had dirt and dust mixed in. little oily. just a little seaping out over time. I thought that was unusual but maybe not. does have 42k on it.

head is on the way to the shop now. i should be on the road again on monday. looking forward to it.

Look forward to hearing how it all works out for you Jeff! Good luck! And that engine looks CLEAN on the inside!

Back