Somehow I Snapped My Peg!!!

BigD814

Registered
Alright so here's the story...
I was riding with some buddies early Sunday evening on some local back roads running around Sacandaga Lake with some nice twisties. Well I'm coming over a roller and there's a crack in the road. I feel a little pull on the bike followed by a little rear tire wobble. There's a gas station up the road a bit so we stop and I check over the bike and to my discovery the dragging bolt on the bottom of my peg is completely snapped off! :oh:
So I go back to the site and I actually found the piece that broke off and I'll post pics as soon as I get home, but has anyone had this happen before. I'm not talking about the bolt just snapping but it actually snapped the edge of the peg right off!

Here's a what I'm talking about...

SU0209051022.jpg

Lucky it went that way, seen a bike or two end up down in that situation. If you're dragging them all the time it's time for them to come off altogether, or move the pegs up. Hard parts do no good on the ground.

The funny thing is is that mine's an 09 I just got in the beginning of June so it's not like they've seen a lot of scraping or stress. It just seems odd to me, I mean granted it was an uneven road surface but still.

Doesnt seem odd at all. If that peg feeler caught on a crack or rise in the pavement, i would expect it to snap off.

Pretty sure I still have the original ones from Blanca. I took them off cuz living in south Florida I could only dream of scraping them . If you want them let me know .
And yes it's a good thing they are aluminum and not stronger as it could have grabbed and upset you and bike causing more than what happened .

I agree with what everyone's saying, but it wasn't just the peg feeler that broke it was the whole edge piece of the actual peg that snapped!

???

I just had to check - Yup, I've lost 'em both ... And I don't do knee dragging.

They probably cost an absolute fortune to replace ... Hmmm ... We'll see.

Keep wire tight and rubber side down

yeah seems like if it had not broken you would have been worse off, maybe in that situation they are made to break free to prevent a crash, if you get some adjustable sets, let us know how they work out.

I actually thing I'm going to do the Buell peg mod and take a little easier with the knee dragging!

Broke my left one off, close call. As someone here once said Brown Underwear Stain Activator.

Back