Front sprocket cover broken

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
I was replacing the chain and sprockets . I noticed once the front sprocket cover was mounted that when I squezzz the clutch that the cover has a crack .. So 2 questions , how can this be prevented and is there an after- market company that makes a better cover? has anyone else had ever had an issue..? Thanks

My first one I got from kickstand racing. I know schnitz carries a few different brands and plenty of other vendors as well.

P5283286.jpg

PC196248.jpg

Last edited:
I was replacing the chain and sprockets . I noticed once the front sprocket cover was mounted that when I squezzz the clutch that the cover has a crack .. So 2 questions , how can this be prevented and is there an after- market company that makes a better cover? has anyone else had ever had an issue..? Thanks

POWERHOUSE carries this one, the best one we have seen so far; billet, a second output shaft support bearing outside the sprocket, slave cylinder is part of the cover, internal chain and clutch push rod guard, able to use the stock speed sensor, frame tie-in. This cover is a work of art and indestructable . . .:laugh:

cover2.jpg

cover4.jpg

Frank, what's the largest tooth sprocket that'll fit that cover? I've seen something similar but it was still a multi piece cover and didn't have the outside bearing support.

POWERHOUSE carries this one, the best one we have seen so far; billet, a second output shaft support bearing outside the sprocket, slave cylinder is part of the cover, internal chain and clutch push rod guard, able to use the stock speed sensor, frame tie-in. This cover is a work of art and indestructable . . .:laugh:

Wow that is a really nice piece .
Will it fit a GenII ? Is it a direct and easy replacement ?
Forgive me as i have never had mine off but what are the bearings and other pieces for ?

I LIKE IT!!!!! Is linkage adjustment easy ? and in the picture it looks like the slave cylinder comes with it .( yes?)

Frank, what's the largest tooth sprocket that'll fit that cover? I've seen something similar but it was still a multi piece cover and didn't have the outside bearing support.

Nobody makes a countersprocket that won't fit in this cover. 20 tooth is not a problem . . . and yes, the slave cylinder is part of the cover. Put the nastiest clutch springs in you can find . . . this cover will not move. The frame tie-in is super easy to set up, and this cover will fit a Gen 1 or a Gen 2. If somebody has something stronger than this, I would like to see it.:whistle:

thanks for the info. :beerchug: very nice cover :thumbsup:
Nobody makes a countersprocket that won't fit in this cover. 20 tooth is not a problem . . . and yes, the slave cylinder is part of the cover. Put the nastiest clutch springs in you can find . . . this cover will not move. The frame tie-in is super easy to set up, and this cover will fit a Gen 1 or a Gen 2. If somebody has something stronger than this, I would like to see it.:whistle:

Do you still do these?

How do i get this part off the sprocket cover

View attachment 1643512

the part is the clutch sleeve with the clutch line still screwed on

to put it off turn out the screw with a 12 mm ratschet nut or so
and then punch the sleve a bit into the sprocket cover -
to then tip it out
is a little fiddly but with a little patience it works fine

and - my hint - get yourself a reinforcement bracket for the cover (crossover the sleeve) - one like this,
for example.
Support-Kojaks-Shop.jpg

i suspect you have stronger clutch springs in a gen1 engine
and no gen1 sprocket cover can withstand this greater force in the long term - it tears / breaks like yours.

sorry in advance for my following harsh words,
but how ignorant can someone be who wants to tinker with his motorcycle

so please! download this gen1 manual from here
incl. all other extensions and microfiches FOR FREE !

Last edited:
Thanks for the info just trying to stop from oing to these expensive ass shops shops here when i can do it myself thats it

Thanks for the info just trying to stop from oing to these expensive ass shops shops here when i can do it myself thats it

man?

if you have so very little idea about the motorcycle, as your question above about "the part" (clutch sleeve) suggests, you'd better not tinker,
especially not without a manual (see my link above) otherwise the whole thing can become so difficult under certain circumstances
that you still have to go to the oh-so-expensive shop because you can't get it back together correctly on your own.

Back