help

i bought a 05 busa with duaul micron mufflers and a dyno jet power cammmander3 . when the bike heats up it acts like the battery is dead and the cimmander was not hooked up soo i hooked it up and maped it . sounded good. then the heat up problom still exsisted and the motor sonnds strange now. like a knocking....is it the timeing the bike sounded good. now i dont no. help me ride my busa please//// bike only has 3700 on it.:rofl:

3700 miles on an '05 is ridiculously low...makes me wonder how it was used.
I'm thinking one of two things... strictly race use or it sat, perhaps because of this issue and the PO decided to unload it.
What's the previous history?
How long, if at all, did it sit?
Have you performed any other maintenance since you took possession? (oil, air filter check, etc)
In any case, if it's exhibiting a poor battery, that's the first place I'd start by replacing it. No telling how old those fluids are in there. I'd replace all of them, if at all possible...especially the oil with it overheating and knocking right off top.
Need more to the story to give better suggestions.

Thinking about it more...
What map are you using and where'd you get it?
Possible throttle sync in order if it sat?

Last edited:
checked levels . the bike does not over heat it just gets hot fast? were thinking its something with the timing when it gets hot the starter kicks? did i put in the wrong map by putting macron full exauhst with the stock air filter map?the bike starts right up now and runs normal but has a knock in the motor and gets hot quick but doesnt overheat.

I'd still replace all the fluids, especially if overheating and knocking are major problems. If the bike is new to you, there's no telling how long it's been since they've been changed. You'd be surprised what people will tell you to sell their bike. "All new fluids, brand new tires...yada, yada, yada".

Also, what type of gas are you running? I'm assuming you've went through at least a tank or so since you've had it.

I doubt the map has anything to do with knocking and heat. Does the fan kick on? I'd attack everything that centers around keeping the bike's engine temp down, and that's oil & coolant. I'm no expert though.

Last edited:
It sounds like it is getting really rich or really lean? I have seen people with power commanders actually have a mist of raw fuel comming out of their bike from the wrong map on a power commander.

Back